125cc meet ideas

slugworth1987

<t>8th Dec 2008 Yes i can? No i cant?</t>  

5 members have voted

1. 1. 8th Dec 2008 Yes i can? No i cant?

• Yes - 50 - 125c
    • No - 50 - 125cc
    • Yes - 126cc+
    • No - 126cc+
    • Weekends - 125cc
    • Weekends 126cc +

think ill bump it upto a restricted licence lol but anyway im Pming other 125 users and prospective buyers to show it off, i have talked to the small non idiot 125 sceen round here and they are up for it. this isnt just forum only if you have friends on 125's and even 250's please ask them to come along its always nice to have people there and so 1st time ride out people can learn:

the bond and "rules" as they say of riding in groups,

how to get the best of there bike,

pick up tips,

given advice on test/das/theory

meet some of the friendlist bikers i know

get a feel for a long distance ride out

could even go camping lol

I'd be up for it though, on my 125 but not for a while with exams in jan and all that jazz to worry about.

I'll second that... damn public exams... :x

Also, would be a good idea to perhaps set a reasonable pace... otherwise us little 'uns who can only get upto 62mph (with the wind behind, going down a hill may i add) will be left for dust!

akay i'll bring a flip chart if you want :D would be good for some people though i no the pudsey run was a first for me in a big group and i learnt alot. so it does help for people to tell you something.

I'll come and bring me ickle 250 (kinda have to as the gixer's deader than a dead thing!)

aww thought you could do a demonstration of How not to finish a rideout without a breakdown of sorts :P

as said im willing to bring up the back and am happy sat at what ever speed keeps me from hitting the bike in front .....

50cc - a restricted bike all are welcome but its focased onto people that want to meet, learn, have fun, and ride safe i shall get TimR to add a poll if its working and if we get a good 6-10 say 50cc-125er's i will organize a date after crimbo for us all to meet i think it will be a great idea for us L and even Non L 125 users to experiance a propper ride out

I'll come and bring me ickle 250 (kinda have to as the gixer's deader than a dead thing!)

aww thought you could do a demonstration of How not to finish a rideout without a breakdown of sorts :P

as said im willing to bring up the back and am happy sat at what ever speed keeps me from hitting the bike in front .....

Oi ya booger - I resemble that comment!

Looks like we're on then sluggers. Just date pending.

50cc - a restricted bike all are welcome but its focased onto people that want to meet, learn, have fun, and ride safe i shall get TimR to add a poll if its working and if we get a good 6-10 say 50cc-125er's i will organize a date after crimbo for us all to meet i think it will be a great idea for us L and even Non L 125 users to experiance a propper ride out

er why ask me ?? i dont work here lol

and anyway registration bit dont work but i think you may be able to add a poll in your first post through edit ?

oh so we not doing the 18th now then ?

as for experiencing a proper ride out .....please do take note of viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12879

and on the day if you have any issues say so dont keep quiet ......

above all have fun....

rofl @ willow you resemble lots of things but im too much of a gentleman to comment on those

seems more conveniant for others i need set dates from people not just anytime or not sundays etc

best date for me because im in the pub trade is north of the 2nd jan 09 but we only roter 1 week in adv. my job is very flexable though so im gonna be brave and sugest the 8th Dec being early month and 1st day of a week most people will have a spare bit of cash for fuel and if we decide to stay here no accom fees apply lol but this will depend on mums shift pattern if she is on nights i would ask you to arrive after 5pm but i can meet you on the way if you do so wish...

on monday evening there is a bar not far from mine that is trying t bring back a bike sceen i will talk to the land lord and warn him about the meet we may get some free advertising in the pub and there facebook page.

also worksop has a scooter gang so to speek of around 15 members wwho meet @ the pub i work at i will also advice them of the plan and ask if they wish to join in.

i have a garage that we can lock the bikes in aslong as you dont mind a squeeze also a back garden i live in a quiet low crime estate so theft shouldnt be an issue for those worried.

i will also offer tea coffee and possablie food lol 2 spare rooms and some blankets and tents for those nutters :-)

the route i have planned in my mind is meet at mine for 1000 ride to matlock fishpond and pickup if nessersery or if easier for others have a brew and head north in the peaks until we hit a city then ride back either to your home or mine for the long distance riders for tea/coffee and a good nights kip then make your own way home as i said id preffer 2 mods to come one as leader and one as a tailer also for us to talk to about riding etc any technical issues someone may have (im quiet good at this) and for general advice,

i will be keeping an eye on my inbox and pm inbox if this is for you email/pm me to conferm and please PM me your mobile number so i can have a nice pritty list just incase

if you have protective perents or are under the age of 18 just ask your mum or dad 1st so i and the site dont get an angry letter or phonecall lol

i look forward to hearing from you all

i cant do weekdays due to work commitments would have to be a weekend sorry mate

think you may find this across the board with school/college/work/kids etc

i would keep this to a weekend as that then gives people the chance of

Saturday ride to to yours and get to know people and then head down to the pub etc (rememebering some under the age ;) nights kip .....

Sunday main meet and go for a relaxed ride and meet at set point ~(matlock) this gives those who couild not make the first day an oppurtunity to catch up with us and off we go for another ride ( either chatsworth,via gellia ( can be a bit slippery) cat ( weather dependant) or up to chesterfield Akey & Willow best judge for roads round there....

Then from there return to Matlock and that then gives people the option to leave from there or return to yours and make their way home .....

remember 125's cming from london way will take a few hours to do so and i think the last thing they will want will be to rushing to get ready to go out .....

but saying that you set a date and then those who cant make it well then they will have to make it another time ...same as any other meet

if it shows that its should be a pure weekend meet please as i said contact me its just a draft date atm i can change it to a more convineant date for others The Frog and Nightgown allows under 18's on the premisis as long as they behave, dont drink and arnt a nuesance to themself or others

i shall post a actual date once we have a good idea of numbers and best part of the week

Edit: weekend options set and "revote enabled"

ok all semi-confermed date for ride to matlock is the 13th Dec 2008 for people willing to do a distance ride and wanting a bed i have 4 sleepingbags and 2 beds, arive for friday at anytime as perents are off work these days as i shall be i hope if not ill be on an early (finish at 5pm so arive for this time)

localy we have a McDonalds, sainsburys with garage, a travel lodge for those not wanting to kip here or (doubtful) i fill the house. The Millhouse is less than 1/2 a mile away where i work where food is also avilable until 9pm.

those whom arive on friday i will take you to the Frog and Nightgown where some of my friends on bikes hide, coffe, tea and others are at the bar for £1 and a pint of coke is around £1.80 very friendly people mainly a rockers bar.

any questions please ask or PM,

can you now conferm if you are comming via PM or a post and an email so i can send you my mobile number and postcode so you can get here if need be.

i am aiming to get who are here for matlock fishpond for 10am and aim to arive back at mine for tea/coffee + food for around 3pm

beds are aviable again for those wishing to ride back sunday i will make you a breky lol

please dont let me down guys this ride will only be cancled if the rain is stupidly heavy light rain and it will carry on.

i urge you all dress for the weather not in jeans lol.

if i havnt covered anything please ask asap

if this meet goes well with a good turn out south tip of wales will be planned after febuary when the weather "gets better"

i beleive TimR is confermed so far