bandit running trouble

Stu

a work mate has been having trouble with his bandit

and very cold days it runs like a bag of spanners wont idle or run properly at all

but if he sticks it in the garage it runs spot on its just as soon as you get outside riding it, it run crap again

he took the plugs out and they where black so got new ones then a few days later the same thing running crap black plugs etc etc

personally i think its carb icing

any one got any suggestions

Stu

Guest markchris
a work mate has been having trouble with his bandit

and very cold days it runs like a bag of spanners wont idle or run properly at all

but if he sticks it in the garage it runs spot on its just as soon as you get outside riding it, it run crap again

he took the plugs out and they where black so got new ones then a few days later the same thing running crap black plugs etc etc

personally i think its carb icing

any one got any suggestions

Friend ofmine had very similar problem on his pre injection GSXR which turned out to be the choke sticking on.

:shock: your all Geeks ! lol

Take it to a garage :wink:

why part with hard earned when it can be sorted yourself :wink:

more beer tokens

Plus the pleasure and the heartache that goes with it

the pleasure is sitting back with a brew in hand and saying well thats that job done

the heartache is having the same brew in your hand and saying oh feck i bolloxed that up :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock: your all Geeks ! lol

Take it to a garage :wink:

why part with hard earned when it can be sorted yourself :wink:

more beer tokens

Plus the pleasure and the heartache that goes with it

the pleasure is sitting back with a brew in hand and saying well thats that job done

the heartache is having the same brew in your hand and saying oh feck i bolloxed that up :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: thats why mine goes to a garage matey :lol:

I 'll never forget when I striped my 125 engine down...........me and my dad ended up taking all the bits in several boxes and pushing a bike with no engine to a garage and said do a Steve Austin on all this lot please :shock:

Never again :wink:

Hi Stu

Unlikely to be carb icing if the plugs are black & sooty. That points to a rich mixture, whereas if the carbs ice up it stops the flow of fuel from the jets. (Weak mixture & pale colour plugs)

I had a bandit a good few years ago that gradually started to feel a bit rough around the edges. The carbs were way out of balance - try that first. It's a common thing with bandits & made a world of difference to mine.

Check the choke linkages aren't sticking too !

:D :D :D

• 1 month later...
The carbs were way out of balance - try that first. It's a common thing with bandits & made a world of difference to mine.

Seems to me it's a common with with suzook's in general.