A Wibbling and a Wobbling...

Guest Father zEd

I've got a handling wondermentisation ....

I've noticed a strange sensation from my rear-end .... :shock:

The best way I can describe it, is as if my back tyre's gone flat ....

(Being obsessive/compulsive as regards my bike, they are at the right pressures and frequently checked....)

.... its a bit like the tyre is having a squirm .... and this hasn't been at times when I've been giving it any pastie -- I'm not hoofing it at the mo, as my chain and sprocks are on their last legs, my back tyre's plugged and my front tread is only borderline legal... and my shocks look like they came of the undercarriage off a 1944 stuka that crashed in the drink and have only recently being exhumed --- or, to put it another way, they're a bit tatty ....

...So .... my shocks are probably quite nacked ... and I am going to replace them as soon as I've got a pot to piddle in....

... but I would like to know what causes this wierd sensation ....

So come on all you boffinists and tell me what the buggery it is ?????

:D :wink: :D :wink: :D

I've got a handling wondermentisation ....

I've noticed a strange sensation from my rear-end .... :shock:

The best way I can describe it, is as if my back tyre's gone flat ....

So come on all you boffinists and tell me what the buggery it is ?????

:D :wink: :D :wink: :D

yer butt cheeks draggin? :eek2: :wink:

tight spot on the chain?

aye ... there is at least one tight spot on the chain ....

that's on my shopping list ..... :roll:

.. and... skip? ... you cheeky monkey!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I t sounds to me like it could be any of the things mentioned. If the tyre is plugged there could be a lump of stuff inside the wheel from the puncture repair. Shockers shouldn't induce a weave but hey ho, they are under a fair bit of strain.!

It might be easier to start with what is actually right withe bike and go from there!

grab the wheel & try to wobble it side to side - that'd tell you if its wheel bearings.

Mmm ... from memory, I think the bearings are okay ... I took my centre stand off a couple of weeks ago ... it was so worn it was uneven in one side of the legs :roll: ...

Think I checked the bearings then ... but I'll look again tomozzie just to be sure ... :idea:

I t sounds to me like it could be any of the things mentioned. If the tyre is plugged there could be a lump of stuff inside the wheel from the puncture repair. Shockers shouldn't induce a weave but hey ho, they are under a fair bit of strain.!

It might be easier to start with what is actually right withe bike and go from there!

It only needs sprocks & chain ... shockers ... 2 new tyres ... a carb balance .... and a new tacho - cos the fuel gauge has died .... apart from that, its peachy pie :!: :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheeky bugger! :wink:

ive found in the past with cars & bikes that problems feel like they are at the other end. the amount of times ive looked for a front end fault to find rear wheel bearings or similar, worth checking both ends id say.

could be swing arm bushes or the shock bushes too - wiggle everything to look for movement that shouldnt be there.

ive found in the past with cars & bikes that problems feel like they are at the other end. the amount of times ive looked for a front end fault to find rear wheel bearings or similar, worth checking both ends id say.

could be swing arm bushes or the shock bushes too - wiggle everything to look for movement that shouldnt be there.

Aye ... that's a good idea!!

Will wack bike on the ramp tomozzie and do some sherlock holmes'ing :wink: