So.............What Dya Fink?

After the "To buy or not to buy" thread I decided to buy a new lid today

http://s715.photobucket.com/albums/ww15 ... New%20Lid/

Its a Fibreglass Marushin TNT with a Shivan Dragon on it

Got it for £100 knocked down from £130 :D

Been out most of the day putting it through its paces :wink:

Its a bit lighter than my damaged FM which was thermolastic

Much more of a snug fit, but it keeps folding my ears over when I put it on but after a little jostling and juggling about they magically ping back into place :lol: :lol:

Very comfy and I had taken on board Korbens guide to buying :D

Cheers Korbs some stuff in there I didnt check out when I bought the FM :thumb:

Not sure about the ear plugs although I was advised by my audiologist today to use em.

Does any one else use em?

Whats the best ones?

Do they shut out all the noise?

Looks good mate.

I wear a thin cotton balaclava under my lid due to big ears which rub on my lid... Could solve the folding over problem if it starts to give you grief...

I use simple foam disposable plugs. When put in CORRECTLY they block out a lot of noise, but not all. They block out the wind noise which is what does the most damage to your ears.

Glad the Helmet Guide helped out mate!! :D

Got it from J&S Andy

Seemed like there where coppers everywhere that day, which is unusual

Saw one Biker pulled over

I was followed by the Blue Octavia VRS to Waterlooville but looking back I think he may have been going to the station

Foam plugs work well, but replace them regularly to avoid infection. Make a huge difference. They cut out the damaging noise (windrush) frequencies, but you can still hear important stuff, like traffic, iPod(lol) etc.

I use moulded ones now, expensive but even more effective.

All plugs take some getting used to initially, so give it a few trips to get used to them.

The foam ones are cheaper by the bagful too! (try internet or smoewhere like Hein Gericke or similar).

i have billy mitchell ears too, so find the moulded ones with the string work best, the foam ones get knocked when i'm pushing my elflike ears back..

Thanks guys

Will give them a go

Think Ill try the foam ones as my hearing isn't so good and if the plugs are too good I wont hear a thing. Any noise reduction has to be good from the point of view of saving what hearing I have left.

Have always been reluctant to use any as I was concerned about safety and not knowing where the traffic is if I couldn't hear it.

Jixxerman....

Use them plugs m8!! Take it from someone who is also now partially deaf (from NOT wearing plugs)....

There are lots of different types, you may find it takes a while to find some that suit you best. After years I finally found some which work well for me, and as an added bonus I can buy them in bulk and they work out at 14p a pair!!!

I use foam disposables currently, I have tried the diy moulded ones, personally speaking, not good enough for me.

If you find that pulling your lid on disturbs them, try a balaclava or buff, making sure your ears are covered first. This helps me loads.

You will also find that earplugs reduce fatigue, another bonus!