Tonfanau ( mid Wales)

rennie

Tonfanau is a 1 mile circuit, right on the coast. 4 times a year, on the Sunday before bank holiday mondays, they hold club racing organised by the Crewe and Nantwich combine. Normally they have 8 races repeated 4 times, so that's 32 races. Last year the admission price was £5.

The circuit is between Towyn and Fairbourne (i will edit this later when i've looked at the map with road nos)

It's worth a punt just for the ride there and back, the roads are fantastic.

Well done Gary, Nigel, you need to be careful, there are 2 Towyns (should be spelt Tywyn) one is near Rhyl/Colwyn bay one is near Abberdyfi /Aberdovey. This is the Aberdovey one. I will put directions on soon.

OK it's off the A493 going south from Dollgellau on the opposite side of the estuary from Barmouth.You follow the coast with just stone walls between you and the sea past Fairbourne then, almost as soon as you start to go inland, it's sign posted. If you get to a place called Bryn-y-Crug you've gone too far.

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping to go on Easter Sunday, Apr8th. Anybody wants to meet up let me know. I will have my mobile with me but they don't work very well there. Usually practice starts at 0900, racing starts at 1200. I plan to get there about 1100. It takes me appx. an hour and a half from Telford allowing for traffic and one smoke break :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

rennie,,,am runnin it by sheep and co this weekend,,will prolly meet at "the caff"then up to shrewsbury,welshpool etc,,,,,

para,,,,,,this would be the better day out mate,,,,i know the egg run is for charity,,,,but the ace caff is not the prettiest route,,,and as you know i only have limited ride time,,,,,,, :D

ok mate, should get there about 11, possibly 3 or 4 mates coming with me now, one of whom has not long passed test so best just to meet there.

Pipey, we go Telford, Shrewsbury, Welshpool, over Dynnas Mawdwyi (spelling lol) then turn left onto A487 signed macchynlleth then turn right onto B4405 signed Tywyn. then right at bryn crug onto A493 and it's signed. Fantastic roads.