bike cameras

Can't remember which camera.... think it was cheapest in the kit though. My thinking being (as cameras are cheapest) I could upgrade at later date.

Dan - camera quality looks good! Your bike is ridiculously fast haha

I ordered the mid range camera - not the Sony HQ1 which was £80 extra lol and not the standard Exview one, so i guess it will be pretty similar to yours :)

cool korben look forward to seeing some vids from you too then ;)

I made a short video earlier today before I went for a ride like I said I would, its nothing special but here ya go:

Pleeeease press the high quality button as its all jerky and naff without it... well it is on my PC anyway.

">

EDIT: dammit the HQ button doesnt seem to appear sometimes on the forums, if it doesnt appear and you want to watch it in high quality then click here:

&fmt=18">
&fmt=18 :)

Sony Vegas for the basic timeline editing stuff but Adobe After Effects for the special bits like the text disappearing behind the bike at the start and the bit where there's 4 video clips on at the same time and then the camera zooms round them to the next clip.

hey Dan, is the jerkyness just youtube?

YouTube doesn't help matters, it is better on my laptop. However, I only run at medium resolution, enabling me to get 5 hours on a 8gb card.

Note the counter in the top left of the frame. This is the frame count. So each frame is one image (obviously).

I really should have a play with higher resolution...

Yeah I think I ordered an 8 GB one with my camera as it was only like £5 more than the 4 GB one or something. Longest I have ever been on my bike for is about 2 hours so I figure it will be fine for me :)

I dont know how it works when you fill it though, i mean its not quite the same as a conventional tape camera is it where when it gets to the end of the tape thats it its impossible for it to keep recording. I assume its the same kind of thing though, ie when its full it just stops recording it doesnt start to overwrite the first part of the film (if you get me)

I just got an email from dogcam saying my order has been despatched :) and im going to pickup my CBR600 at 4:30 today so if the weather is good next week I'll get some filming done :D

Oh and I just looked at the order and this is what Im getting:

DV500 with bullet camera package (8gb card, Pro 520 camera) + suction mount

So I think it must have been the mid-range camera I ordered :)

i just did this at croft yesterday on a go pro wide.

you loose a tad quality uploading to youtube and i seem to have a bit of a warped disc on the brakes which doesnt help.

i`d say they are a great compromise of quality and cost

">

i just did this at croft yesterday on a go pro wide.

you loose a tad quality uploading to youtube and i seem to have a bit of a warped disc on the brakes which doesnt help.

i`d say they are a great compromise of quality and cost

">

yeah that certainly doesnt look too bad quality wise, and nice vid in general ;) looks fun.

My dogcam camera package got delivered today... but no one was in :( gotta go collect them in 72 hours

yay my dogcam camera package has been picked up today and is apparently waiting for me when I get home :) just hope the weather is nice enough to use it tonight...

I'll put some examples up on here when I figure out how to use it :D

EDIT: OK I've got it all now but I've got to wait 6 hours for the battery to charge :(

EDIT EDIT: Got a bit impatient and took the battery off charge after 2 hours and went out for a spin :P It was night time but you can still see pretty clearly on the video, hopefully this afternoon I can get out while its still light and get some proper footage though :)