33bhp 2year restriction?

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I did my CBT, then accelerated access but didn't have my own bike within the 2 year period (where it's restricted to 33bhp) and then after the 2 years were up I bought my own motorbike, would I be able to buy any motorbike then and it not have to be restricted?

Thanks in advance! :)

Yeah :D

As long as you've held the licence for 2 years you can progress onto a "big bike", you don't have to have actually been riding a 33bhp or under for 2 years. Do you mean the Standard A2 licence by the way? The accelerated access is for people who have the A2 licence but reach 21 years old before the 2 years are up and fancy upgrading to a full catergory A licence.

Just a thought - if you know you're definately not going to ride for two years why not wait until you can take the direct access course? Then when you get your first bike you won't have forgotten everything you were taught.

Yeah I meant the standard A2 license, got a bit confused there :oops:

I'm just exploring my options really. If I did do my CBT and then got my standard A2 license I'd probably be allowed to ride my boyfriends bike (he's got a CBF 125) and so I doubt I'd forget everything.

I'm just being impatient really because I know I can't afford to buy my own motorbike for a couple of years but I'd still like to ride one between now and then.

Yeah I meant the standard A2 license, got a bit confused there :oops:

I'm just exploring my options really. If I did do my CBT and then got my standard A2 license I'd probably be allowed to ride my boyfriends bike (he's got a CBF 125) and so I doubt I'd forget everything.

I'm just being impatient really because I know I can't afford to buy my own motorbike for a couple of years but I'd still like to ride one between now and then.

If youre just going to ride around on a 125 you might as well just stick with the CBT for now then do the test closer the time you have the cash to buy a bigger bike. Having practice on a 125 for a few months will really help in the test, will effectively make it cheaper as you probably wont need as much training :P

If youre just going to ride around on a 125 you might as well just stick with the CBT for now then do the test closer the time you have the cash to buy a bigger bike. Having practice on a 125 for a few months will really help in the test, will effectively make it cheaper as you probably wont need as much training :P

:stupid: Sounds like a plan!

The reason I wanted to get my full A2 license was because I was thinking that since it wouldn't be my bike I'd be riding, Stephen might want to come on the back but he's said he wouldn't like that :lol: So it looks like I will just be doing CBT.

Anyway, looks like I might actually be able to get my own 125 at the end of the year if I save all my wages from working over the summer and get money off my parents and Stephen for Christmas, it'll have to be a cheeeeeeap one though.

There're plenty of cheap decent 125s out there :D

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can carry pillion passengers unless you have a full catergory A licence. You can only go on motorways with an A licence as well.

That said if you can find a car park you can strap him to the back and razz around dragging your knee and allsorts!

There're plenty of cheap decent 125s out there :D

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can carry pillion passengers unless you have a full catergory A licence. You can only go on motorways with an A licence as well.

That said if you can find a car park you can strap him to the back and razz around dragging your knee and allsorts!

Nope you can. The only difference between the two licenses in entitlements is the power restriction. Im trying to find a willing participant to be the first to go on the back of my Kwak at the moment :P

Guest philgale

not a bad idea to do the A2 test, then your insurance may be a little cheaper having had your license for 2 years, although not got any no claims it may help

Yeah like MtotheJ said, you can carry pillions and go on motorways with the A2 license :) Its only when your a learner that you cant do those things and once you get any type of license above provisional then you are not a learner anymore

There we go, I've learned something new thanks guys!

After acquiring my new found wisdom then I think it'd be a good idea to go for the A2 like people have said. And I'd quite gladly sit atop anyone's bike for the first time as a pillion...those who're daring enough to take a 6'4" 16 stone guy anyway :D

There we go, I've learned something new thanks guys!

After acquiring my new found wisdom then I think it'd be a good idea to go for the A2 like people have said. And I'd quite gladly sit atop anyone's bike for the first time as a pillion...those who're daring enough to take a 6'4" 16 stone guy anyway :D

considering im a a 5ft 7in, 10 stone guy i think ill give it a miss :shock: