Speakers for my helmet

In contrast to PhatDad, my speakers are mounted on the padding, not behind. So they are against my ears, they don't move and I can hear them fine, even over earplugs.

i always wear the ipod and i use a set of sure earphones (plug in noise canceling ones).

ebays ya best bet. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SHURE-SE210-SE-21 ... 7C294%3A50

oh just a note o bought a set of bose ear phones which i must say are quality in sound about £80 but rubbish to wear under a lid, the sure ones plug in nice and tight and cuts out anyther noise ie wind and loud cans. :cheers:

I've just stuck to awkwardly forcing earphones into my ear through the sides of my helmet :lol:

Have to be careful with those earphones with the "in-ear" rubber bit though. I know 3 people that have lost those in their ear and ended up at A&E.

I've just stuck to awkwardly forcing earphones into my ear through the sides of my helmet :lol:

Have to be careful with those earphones with the "in-ear" rubber bit though. I know 3 people that have lost those in their ear and ended up at A&E.

Its ok using earphones when your donig anything under 60mph, unfortuantely my bike wont go under 60mph once im out of second gear, dam thing!!! hence why I need something a bit better, theres nothing quite like the sound Metallica belting out at 61 mph!!!!

Its ok using earphones when your donig anything under 60mph, unfortuantely my bike wont go under 60mph once im out of second gear, dam thing!!! hence why I need something a bit better, theres nothing quite like the sound Metallica belting out at 61 mph!!!!

believe me my R1 has big fat akra carbon cans out the back and even when ive got it on full tilt i cant hear nowt but my frank sinatra crystal clear :cheers:

I thought it was illegal to ride with headphone is as you cant hear the traffic around you? Surley once your all closed off inside your lid with a set of headphones in you will be completley cut off from everything going on. Dont get me wrong every time i go out for a ride i wish i could listen to some Machine Head but it just seems too risky for me. Maybe that will go with time and more exp!

I thought it was illegal to ride with headphone is as you cant hear the traffic around you? Surley once your all closed off inside your lid with a set of headphones in you will be completley cut off from everything going on. Dont get me wrong every time i go out for a ride i wish i could listen to some Machine Head but it just seems too risky for me. Maybe that will go with time and more exp!

No the headphones cut out the annoying wind and engine noise, you can still hear the traffic around.

Hmmm maybe i just listen to music too loud, when i walk to work with my headphones on i can't hear fook all probably been close to getting run over a few times coz i couldnt hear the cars coming. As i said before maybe with time i will try riding with headphone in!

Hmmm maybe i just listen to music too loud, when i walk to work with my headphones on i can't hear fook all probably been close to getting run over a few times coz i couldnt hear the cars coming. As i said before maybe with time i will try riding with headphone in!

It's weird, i don't find any problems riding with them although I do have problems hearing people yelling abuse at me, if they actually are. :D Same with earplugs and headphones.

is there a ipod or similar that is built for bikes - mine is too small to adjust anything on the move - what do people use??

i do a 30 mile commute so need to adjust volume and rubbish tracks.

I want to fit speakers into my helmet to connect to my ipod, anybody got any advice / suggestions?

i've used 'sure' noise cancelling earphones and they are good. you need to be careful with earphones though as you'll be cranking the volume up so high it will damage your hearing :cry:

if you set the volume to a reasonably loud level with your helmet on and the bike enginge off, and you find you still can't hear the music properly while your riding with that volume level setting, get another type of earphone and don't just pump up the volume... pump up the volume.. pump up the volume... dance.. dance.... :oops: sorry, getting carried away with myself there....

I want to fit speakers into my helmet to connect to my ipod, anybody got any advice / suggestions?

i've used 'sure' noise cancelling earphones and they are good. you need to be careful with earphones though as you'll be cranking the volume up so high it will damage your hearing :cry:

if you set the volume to a reasonably loud level with your helmet on and the bike enginge off, and you find you still can't hear the music properly while your riding with that volume level setting, get another type of earphone and don't just pump up the volume... pump up the volume.. pump up the volume... dance.. dance.... :oops: sorry, getting carried away with myself there....

:laugh: :laugh: :seeya:

This made me laugh and its only 0910am!!!!

Very good point, I've been putting my ipod full belt at the moment and I wouldnt normally do that!

Think I might look at the ones that BazR1 has suggested, just hope they worth the £50 odd quid!

As for earphones being illegal they cant be, its not illegal to listen to music in your car! not unless you look at having it so loud that people outside the car can hear and I dont want my earphones to be THAT loud!!

Thanks for the advice, Metallica will soon be pumping out at 61mph!!!

Best ones I've ever used are the Sony Ericsson in ear ones, fantastic. The lead on them is short which is good because you can plug them into a nice long extension lead, and when it comes to fill up you just pull it out of the extension and leave them in your ears.

They cut out as much noise as the foam ear plugs that you get in bike shops, and they're cheaper than the shure ones too, oh and I haven't tried it but you could also clip the in line mic to them as well, put that in your helmet and take phone calls :wink:

Best ones I've ever used are the Sony Ericsson in ear ones, fantastic. The lead on them is short which is good because you can plug them into a nice long extension lead, and when it comes to fill up you just pull it out of the extension and leave them in your ears.

They cut out as much noise as the foam ear plugs that you get in bike shops, and they're cheaper than the shure ones too, oh and I haven't tried it but you could also clip the in line mic to them as well, put that in your helmet and take phone calls :wink:

Is that the same ones has the handsfree kit for my mobile? Ive got a sony ericsson cybershot that has music on it

give him a M.A.R.R.S Bar someone.....

Is that the same ones has the handsfree kit for my mobile? Ive got a sony ericsson cybershot that has music on it

Might not be the cybershot ones, mine are off a Sony Ericsson Walkman phone. The older cybershot phones only sent out rubbishy ear bud type things, not the nice rubber ones that sit inside your ear. Actually, here's a picture!

http://mobilementalism.com/imageSnag/859-453bbb5b8832d.jpg

That's the phone I got mine off of about 2 years ago and the ear phones are still going strong! Here they are on ebay, but best to make sure they're the genuine ones that have a 3.5mm jack before you order (if you do):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-EARPHONE-HPM- ... 1|294%3A50

And some more:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EARPHONE-HPM-70-F ... 1|294%3A50

You can get wireless ones for a bit more. They're exactly the same, except they're bluetooth so no need to plug in, etc. It's worth mentioning that with the wired ones (above) the lead really is short (about 15cm!) so you will need a 3.5mm extension lead...like this one!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3m-3-5mm-GOLD-EXT ... 1|294%3A50

Wow, bargains!