Suzuki 750 rebuild

djrose007

i still look in and follow it when new posts are added have seen this that might help you http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181121581699? ... _216wt_958

Thanks for that, it's very useful but not for the bits. I couldn't figure out how to attach the rear subframe but on the photos it is very clear so that has helped enormously.

There's an LED light on the back at the moment but that is from the previous bloke when he was making a streetfighter so where it is attached is just about where the top part of the subframe attaches. Couldn't figure out how, if that's where the light goes, where the rest of the subframe comes in. Now I realise it's in totally the wrong place!

Cheers for that link, it's always good to have people keeping an eye on it, still a long way to go so going to need more advice as I make progress.

Concentrating on the front calipers at the moment until the weather picks up and I can get it outside to do the frame welding, or rather so that a friend can get on with the welding!

Thanks again

• 10 months later...

Quick update - I've been doing the blog but neglecting the forum updates I'm afraid. Mostly been on Old Skool Suzuki Facebook and forum with it being an oil cooled GSX it qualifies!

Todays update is to say it's booked in for an MOT on Tuesday, don't think it will pass easily but at least then I'll know what needs to be done.

The blog is at http://wp.me/p19fTH-12

This is what it looks like now.

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss162/djrose007/Suzuki%20GSX750F%20Rebuild/P2271058_zps788b63c6.jpg

been a long slow process but well done on getting it to this stage i have followed this on this forum since the start almost and the fact you carried on when it would of been easier at times to give up sell it on and buy something on the road demands my respect well done mate :cheers: :cheers:

been a long slow process but well done on getting it to this stage i have followed this on this forum since the start almost and the fact you carried on when it would of been easier at times to give up sell it on and buy something on the road demands my respect well done mate :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks for that E.A.Biker, it's much appreciated. I certainly wouldn't have been able to do it at all without the assistance of people on forums and the Old Skool Suzuki facebook after the forum disappeared.

I've only really been able to work on it for the past 12 months in earnest because of the garage kept getting filled up with furniture and cr@p but I'll have had the bike for 5 years come May!

I'll post tomorrow about how the MOT went and what I've got to do before the retest, or is that too pessimistic :oops:

Cheers :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't post the next day because, as expected, it failed. Could have been worse;

Flash to pass not working

rear suspension (thought it was a bit bouncy!)

front offside caliper leaking. Turned out to be a scratch in the piston. The bloke at mantra motorcycles sorted it, and the suspension with one I got off ebay, and the flash to pass!

Cost a bit in labour but the result was that it PASSED THE MOT! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I've still got one problem to sort. When I rode it home, first time on the road with it, I was stalling at roundabouts and traffic lights.

Problem was the clutch not disengaging with the clutch lever being depressed. I had adjusted it and there was only a tiny amount of movement before it engaged so I've ordered, and now received, a new cable to fit.

Had a problem with the bottom allen bolt on the sprocket cover but got it shifted using a Torx bit and a big hammer!!

Not had time to do it yet, only received the cable this morning but busy at the museum (Jet Age Museum) today.

• 5 months later...

Just a quick update as I haven't posted on here since March.

I've been waiting for an operation to get rid of my Gall Bladder since January and it happened in July so not much riding through the decent weather we've had, typical!

I've only managed about 60 miles on the bike since getting through the MOT in March but while recuperating from the operation I have taken the cover off each fortnight and she's started first time every time and run very smoothly for 10 minutes or so.

Now thinking I can manage a ride so going to check her over today, tyre pressures, brakes etc. so I know she's ok for the road.

It's taken so long because they couldn't do keyhole so it all went tits up during the op and they had to do an old fashioned slash and grab op so taking longer to get over than normal.

• 1 month later...

It's MOT'd until March 2015, Taxed until February 2015 and it's running but what I really want is a custom/cruiser type bike, Honda Shadow, Suzuki Intruder etc.

So, This bike is up for sale. Open to reasonable offers bearing in mind it still needs some work. Carbs need balancing, maybe replacing, and that would see it ok.

For the enthusiast you'd probably want to go further and have the swingarm off etc. to smarten it up.

Some of the fairing securing bolts aren't as on the bike frame so there are some bolts securing the frame rather than the standard Allen key bolts.

I'll post in the for sale section.