Mod 1 tommorow!

Guest unclebob

Done a DaS course today and yesterday, with a Mod 1 booked for the morning.

Swerve test - No problem. U-turn - no problem. Generally im quite confident...

BUT, laughably, Im crap at the manual handling bit (reversing into the parking bay)! Also, im not great at the slow moving bit.

Any tips? Cheers.

manual pushing - i'm crap at too. but you can push it out backwards, forwards to the next bay, then backwards into the other. if you can visualize is :lol:

slow riding, just plenty of revs using the clutch. drag the back brake to keep it steady and try not to move the front wheel too much. just keep your head up.

don't let my sig put you off the advice, i fail on the Uturn :lol:

Thanks for the good luck and tips, I took them on board! Anywho, things were looking bad.I had 4 hrs sleep, was up at 5.30 and drove from north devon to exeter, for the test, in the rain. When I got there, it was still raining a bit too. Despie this, I Passed - Yeah baby!

I shat bricks at the end, as he didnt ask me to re-do either of the high speed things.... I thought I had failed, as I was slightly concerned I had looked up the rear break on the E-Stop and he didnt bother to check the speed trap either. However...

Got 57kph on the swerve and 64(!)kph on the emergency stop, which was "fine". The reason he didnt check when I was on the circuit, was because he was sure I had got up to speed!

Dont wanna blow my own trumpet, but, 0 minors to!

Dead chuffed. Mod2 next thursday - Happy days!

I thought the same but they had a hand held device that picked up the speeds of the trap remotly

Not sure if yours would of been the same

Gratz tho :) one more step

Oh, my instructer said it was probably due to what I said earlier. I just though I was like really good n' that!

Oh well :( :wink:

Thanks for the gratz sir.

Well done mate... Great feeling isn't it. I passed mine this morning too!

Coincidentally I'm doing Mod 2 next Thursday!

Good Luck.

Steve