Stebel Magnum Horn

I've just bought a Stebel Magnum (139dB!) on EBay - the reviews say that it's a real teeth-rattler of a horn. My OEM horn is pathetic, like most bike horns.

The Stebel should make my bike horn at least as loud as a car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AteFCZfJ ... re=related

I hope the dozy cagers can hear THAT!

If it does live up to what is promised, I think it will have been a damn good buy at only £11 plus postage.

Bought one, threw it away. Bike didn't seem to have enough voltage to make it work properly (it wouldn't even do anything it the engine was under 4000 revs) and the only place I could fit it (where the old horn was) meant the mudguard bashed into it every time I went over a bump.

Hopefully yours will go better.

Bought one, threw it away. Bike didn't seem to have enough voltage to make it work properly (it wouldn't even do anything it the engine was under 4000 revs) and the only place I could fit it (where the old horn was) meant the mudguard bashed into it every time I went over a bump.

What bike did you have?

I have an SV650N, I'm on sv650.org and someone on there says it fits and works perfectly with the existing relay.

Perhaps you needed a new relay with yours? (apart from it not fitting on your bike, obviously!).

What bike did you have?

I have an SV650N, I'm on sv650.org and someone on there says it fits and works perfectly with the existing relay.

Perhaps you needed a new relay with yours? (apart from it not fitting on your bike, obviously!).

if your bike is your avatar (gsxf) then there are loads of places to put the horn, just need longer wires and i'd add a relay to take power from the battery.. on my gsx750 naked its going under the tank, but the old ones will stay for looks.. if its your zeff, then under the tank..

What bike did you have?

if your bike is your avatar (gsxf) then there are loads of places to put the horn, just need longer wires and i'd add a relay to take power from the battery.. on my gsx750 naked its going under the tank, but the old ones will stay for looks.. if its your zeff, then under the tank..

Yeah it was on the GSXF....I've given up on it now anyway, I'd like to think the stock horn out in the open would be louder than something hidden under the tank anyway, but if not at least I haven't wasted three hours installing a horn!

something I found at our workshop, that might be of interest..

as our horns are exposed to the elemnts, they rust internally.

take your bike somewhere out of the way and sound the horn, continously, the movement cleans up the contacts and brings it back into optimum efficiency,

one of our mechs was doing this to a punto, which sounded weak, but came back to life after a couple of mins..

i mean, its not like they get a great deal of use, so a good blast should do them good..

something I found at our workshop, that might be of interest..

as our horns are exposed to the elemnts, they rust internally.

take your bike somewhere out of the way and sound the horn, continously, the movement cleans up the contacts and brings it back into optimum efficiency,

one of our mechs was doing this to a punto, which sounded weak, but came back to life after a couple of mins..

i mean, its not like they get a great deal of use, so a good blast should do them good..

I shall be sure to do that every day, for five minutes, at 7am. I live in a built-up area too! :D :D :D

Yeah it was on the GSXF....I've given up on it now anyway, I'd like to think the stock horn out in the open would be louder than something hidden under the tank anyway, but if not at least I haven't wasted three hours installing a horn!

That will be why Car horns are sooo quiet then, being installed near the radiator behind the bumpers etc..

and on a GSXF ther has to be loads of places behind all that plastic.. nakeds have a bit less to hide..

Today the weather allowed me to fit the new horn.

It is a little bulky (although nothing major) and so wouldn't fit where the old horn is, plus it is directional, so it must point forwards.

I made a little angle bracket for it and attached it under the headlamp mount on the bottom yoke, and so a few spade connectors, a couple of bits of cable and some cable-ties later ... it was installed! I left the old horn where it is just in case ...

Anyway ... my f*ck, it is LOUD!!! :mrgreen:

Its a Horn...

Y' don't say! :shock:

I was wondering which particular horn it was :wink:

So thanks for the link :mrgreen:

The horns are from busters & are better than a lot of car horns

http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/pr ... 8&kw=horns

think all of these type of horn are about the same perfomance, they are LOUD,,

if you have a fairing then you can hide them, but a naked bike it's a bit more of a problem,,

As said by W,F Halfords,, no delivery charge

Yep, they are bloody loud!

Mine is a naked and it fits nicely under the headlight.

I put mine to good use today! Fücktard woman in a huge mercedes slowed down and stopped at the side of the road, no indicators, nothing. I started to pass her, then she just started pulling out without looking! Quick blast on the horn right beside her window (which was closed) ... and she actually jumped in her seat and slammed on the brakes! :mrgreen:

The horn has the desired effect. 8-)