Eastbourne Airshow

Ok ok, I'm a plane geek!

The Eastbourne airshow runs from the 13th to 16th of August. I'll definately be heading down on the 16th as the display is usually good on the final day.

Lots of planes including red arrows, eurofighter and F-16 amongst others.

Oh, did I mention its free!

Not sure on parking as I've only been in the car before but I'm planning on getting there early so I can ride to the seafront to see if I can get parking there. If not, it's a bus ride from a car park a few mins away from the beach (costs a couple of quid).

Being on the beach I'm planning on bring my swimming shorts and rubber ring if the weather is good too!

http://www.eastbourneairshow.com/

If I can do it and weather permitting I would ride down on saturday the 15th.

Depends if you want to do it then as I can easily do it on either the 15th or the 16th but I dont know my way so would have to follow you down on the 400 :D

Fozzie, are you gonna be coming from Jins or Warrington? I know the area where Jin is from if you wanted to meet there? I'm planning on leaving early too so we get some nice clear roads!

Paul look forward to hearing from you. We can meet somewhere along the way.

I will be leaving from Jins I think as its very close to you!

Good idea on setting off early, I'll be tailing you closely so I dont get lost :oops:

Will let you know definite dates closer to the time :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, its coming up to the weekend and I'm starting to think about the route.

Fozzie, I'll be in Camberley. Do you want me to come up to Uxbridge or are you comfortable with riding down to Camberley yourself?

Paul, I'll leave the route from Brighton to Eastbourne up to you as I figured you'd know the best roads to go along.

I'll let you know about parking before Saturday.

Ok, how about meeting up at the Pease Pottage Services on the M/A23 at 10am then heading down from there?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=pease+pottage&sll=53.357109,-2.944336&sspn=0.985169,2.903137&ie=UTF8&z=14&iwloc=A

The old Red Arrows are there at 12midday if you want to be there to see them and I will have to leave around 3pm.

If I can I will meet where Ducati Paul specifies if that works best..

Just things are looking ambiguous as the bike seems to be having a little trouble atm. It wont fire up properly and though it was probably just mucky carbs need to watch it over the next couple of days. :cry:

Still hoping to go though :D

Thats not good Fozzie, hopefully all will be ok, give me a shout tomorrow night to let me know what you've decided.

Paul, meeting up at Pease is fine, I'm assuming 10am will be early enough to get there for 12pm?

Should be plenty of time, I don't how how fast you guys ride so two hours is plenty.

Do you want to go the boring route down there or the scenic route?

:( its all gone tits up for me. The gpx broke down at northampton and its an electrical fault. Its being sorted but im stuck here for a few days while its fixed. Sorry for this and will be in touch soon to do an ace cafe run.

Thats a shame mate :( Was looking forward to meeting you.

Wannars, want to meet up a bit later then, come straight down to Brighton or meet up at Pease services, what do you want to do?

I am thinking 1030 at Pease or 11am at Brighton.........

I think it'd be good to still meet up at 10am so we can get there early incase we can't get parking at the beach.

I could come down to Brighton too if you want, just let me know. Do you have access to the contacts section for my number?

Shame you couldn't make it Fozzie.

Was great meeting up with you Paul. Just realised I'm not going to be able to make the Shoreham airshow :( Saturday in Portsmouth and Sunday in Bournemouth. Look forward to seeing you again at the Brighton run from the Ace.

Will put up my pics later on the rideout section once I've got them all resized!

Good to meet you too mate.

A good little day was had. A nice ride on my Duke, some beer, some planes, loads of bikes, some time on the beach and a large rubber toy......... :)

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/pprune/Beach.jpg