full moped test prices, what to do, where?

hi i need to know as much as possible about a full moped test the most i have gathered from the Internet is that it will remove my L plates and allow me to carry a pillion passenger.

also i know that i need to do my motorcycle theory test however i do not know how much it will cost.

and that i will need to do a practical moped test which is from what i can make out a 2ND CBT but again i am not sure on this me and a few of my mates are thinking about doing this before we go for are full motorcycle test which is a while off :( so please help and i need constructive help not just being told to wait thanks

Yes it will mean that you can carry pillions and remove your L plates. The theory test will cost you around £30. During the practical moped test an examiner will examine your riding skills on the road. If you pass you will be issued with a full category P entitlement which means you can toss the L plates and carry a pillion passenger, mopeds are not allowed on motorways, regardless of what licence you hold. I hope that helps.

seeing as he's on a 50 atm, i'm assuming he's 16.

also, the moped test can be taken at 16, so i'm guessing this is all he can do atm due to his age. fair play for wanting to take the test though.

thanks for the info and ye it will be a struggle with a pillion but i will kick them off and make them push me when it comes to a hill :twisted: plus L plates are annoying me a bit lol and yes i am 16 and next year i will be getting a 600cc motorcycle and it will proberly last me until i can afford my own that should be at least a good 20 year.

also i have found out that the moped test is the same as the motorcycle test just at lower speeds and engine sizes so should be easy when that comes around my dad is booked the theory now for me £31 if anyone else wishes to know.

thanks for all the info and quick responses also what is the average price for a service as i need 1 now so money is going to be getting dryed up fast however i will charge petrol tanks of money for a ride aroud town and stuff :P

so again thankyou

your ambitious i'll give you that! :thumb:

in regards to plan of getting a 600, at 17 you can only take your A2 restricted license. which is another theory test, module 1 and module 2 on a 125 cc. You will then be restricted to 33bhp for 2 years. So, you can still have a 600 if you have it restricted. Which is what i am currently in the process of doing myself.

So just so you know, you'll have to go through the test process all over again. But as your CBT will still be valid when your 17, you may ride a 125cc on L plates. which you'd enjoy, i was thrilled when i could make it up hills :D

thats one of the reasons why i am doing the moped test so i know what the full test is like. i have done a bogus insurance quote on a brand new 600cc £750 for tpft and £1100 fully comp which is 2nd hand bike and insurance for price of car insurance :shock:

i know about the 33 bhp however no one will tell me what it is like so when you know please inform me. also its about 29bhp i didnt have before lol :)

haha!

Well MotheJ, Yammy & Vicki Have/Had their bikes restricted to 33bhp and have had nothing but good things to say about them. It all depends on the type of restriction, ECU, Throttle Stop (Awful), O rings etc. The ECU tends to work best, but this is only from what i've read. I have been reading up plenty though!

They tend to accelerate well, but acceleration slows down the faster you go i.e. can't rev the bike as high. and are often restricted to around the 100mph mark, which is still plenty.

EDIT: Just pick up a bike theory/HP disc to practice. You may be able to get a book or find out what you need to know online. but the only way to 'master' the hazard perception is by doing it. Some theory questions can catch you out like the max width of a trailer for a bike, tread depth on the tyre etc. but most of it is common sence

"you have arrived at a scene of an accident: do you A: check for wounds B: offer them a cigarrette" etc... :lol: