Camera Kits

Hi All

Has anyone got any info on motorcycle camera kit, is it worthwhile buying the recording device, or just use an existing camcorder.

What are the best Helmet or Bike mounted

Thanks

Sure there is a thread already on this , but I am not entirely sure ... ah found it !!

http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/view ... 32&t=20933

Personally I use a set up from http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk

A sample:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swzpoBCM40g

It does have sound, but I didn't have the mic plugged in. Obviously other cameras are available. But after a lot of research this was the people I went with. the camera can be mounted either on your lid or on bike. I experimented on my lid but got annoyed with the wires. Hence it is now mounted on the bike. Also has a remote on the screen so I can start and stop recording at my leisure.

From them, the cheapest DV500 set up.

Can't fault them, aftersales is good too. I had a problem with the DVR itself, I sent it back and they replaced it with a new one in no time.

Other cameras are available, the oregan something or other. I tried one of them, didnt get on with it at all. Self contained camera and card etc..... not for me.

Hi Dan, just checked out that Dogcam website, very impressive, the DV500 Bike Camera kit looks very good, but i take it the Mini DVR 1 Bike Camera kit will not be as good cosidering the £150 price difference. Did you look at the mini one also

Peach

I did m8. I spent ages trying to source an alternative DVR system as well. My thinking being, I 'd get cameras one place, DVR somewhere else etc. Trying to get it all as cheap as possible. I gave up in the end lol :D

As for the cheaper DVR I googled and googled and every reference to them lil things wasn't great.... So I steered clear.

It does pay to do some research on it m8. Gives you an idea of what you are getting into etc.. And you get to learn where the crap is before you buy. For me, the system I bought, was neither the cheapest or the most expensive, but seemed to be a good middle ground for me.