Wanting to do CBT in the Hull area

Does anyone know of anywhere to do it? I'm a total newbie to all this, no idea how to go about it all...

My OH has a bike, and I've been asking him bits and bobs but I think I'm bugging him now, so figure I'd bug yous instead :mrgreen:

What type of bike can you ride with the CBT or Direct Access Course? and what's a good first time bike?

Thanks! :angel12:

Can't help with any schools in your area. You could ask some bike dealerships near you if they do training, or do some googling :)

In terms of your CBT - You're entitled to ride bikes up to 125cc engines, not exceeding 14.6 bhp. which basically means any 125 4 strokes and 125cc 2 strokes providing they are restricted. You must also have L plates showing on your bike and you are not entitled to carry a pillion.

To do you're DAS, you will need your CBT, theory test, then you may proceed to the two practical elements of the test. This will be carried out on a 500cc machine, and you may only ride this when accompanied with an instructor with a radio thourhg which the instructor can speak to you.

In terms of the actual test, there are two modules, 1 & 2. Module 1 is all manuevours in an enclosed enviroment, involving: a slalom, figure of 8, swerve at 50kph, U turn, slow riding and an emergency stop at 50kph.

for module 2 - it is just general road riding where you riding ability will be assesed. you will also be required to carry out a hill start and an angle start.

Once you do all that, you're entitled to ride any bike you want! (this is all assuming you're over the age of 21 by the way?)

P.S - For a 125 you may like the suzuki marauder 125cc, as it's quite cruisery - like the harleys :D