to plug or not

collier32

on the way to work this morning got something in my rear tyre so its now got a slow leak some people have said get it plugged but i dont like the sound of that i dont think i would trust the tyre.What are your opinions on plugging punctures :? :? :?

having a plug wouldnt bother me, providing the hole is a hole and not a tear, especially if the tyre has loads of life in it, if the tyre is on its last legs then get a new one

Take it to get a plug! The garage will look at it and if they think it's unsafe to plug they won't do it.

Or you could just leave it in there...though I don't recommend that! I know someone who got a screw in his back tyre a couple of weeks after fitting it, thought balls to getting a new one and rode to the south of France and back on it! Not very responsible IMO, but a plug is fine.

It depends where the hole is on the tyre, and how much tread u got left in the tyre as to whether it can be/ is worth doing.

Take it to the tyre shop and they will advise you :)

If the tyre shop think its safe to plug the tyre then it WILL be fine to do it.

I had the 'almost new' rear tyre on my 1098 plugged, I wasn't too keen on having it plugged at first but it lasted the life of the tyre and all the abuse I could throw at it!

I have also used loads of these types over the years:

ux_a09061000ux0113_ux_g01.jpg.a665d3c0f955910b9ddde898a7e80f95.jpg

On both cars and bikes and never had a single problem with it.

It cost me about £10 from ebay and does 12 punctures for that.

:)

Speaking as an ex tyrr fitter/ grease monkey person ....

Plugging a tyre is perfectly safe. Assumuing of course it is done correctly, bit like everything really.

as people have said, take it to shop n ask the, it depends on where the hole is, have you got slime in your tyres as this stuff (althoguh tyre shops hate us using it) is good for times like you have,