DSA Computer system down

Guest bexman77

:cry:

I've been trying to book a late cancellation for mod 2 since late last week, the website doesnt work and when you ring the call centre they keep telling me the computers are down! Frustrating or what?!

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Mo ... /DG_066356

Click here... from here click .. book your practical test... click book a test.

On this page in the first box choose 'other' this will bring up the Bike categories (if you choose bike it just brings up moped only - weird)

Ive gone through the process as far as I can and it seems to work? Obviously it may not work the further down the process you get.

Let me know how u get on :)

I've been trying to book a late cancellation for mod 2 since late last week, the website doesnt work and when you ring the call centre they keep telling me the computers are down! Frustrating or what?!

Did you get it sorted? I've been trying to do the same since last week, when I passed Mod 1. I already have a booking for Mod2 but it's a month away and I'd like to do it earlier. When I enter my details the site tells me there's a problem with my details, so I phoned the helpline number (0300 200 1122) and was told that the computer system was having a bad hair day, but I could book a test over the phone. Unfortunately they didn't have a suitable cancellation at the time, but the guy said that if I tried the following day it should work fine. That was almost a week ago, and I've been trying ever since, but I keep getting the same message - there's a problem with my details :(

The wierd thing is, when the helpline guy enters my details into his computer it brings up my booking details on his screen, but if I try it online, no joy! I'd rather book online, just because I can see what's available and take time to figure out when I can get some time off work for a couple of lessons and the test. Anyway, I suppose if I can't get it sorted soon I may as well wait and take the booking I already have.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Motoringtransactions/DG_066356

Click here... from here click .. book your practical test... click book a test.

On this page in the first box choose 'other' this will bring up the Bike categories (if you choose bike it just brings up moped only - weird)

Ive gone through the process as far as I can and it seems to work? Obviously it may not work the further down the process you get.

Let me know how u get on :)

Nope it gets so far as mentioned below and then bombs out without confirming a booking, tells me to ring the helpline. I've rung the helpline over 10 times over the past 5 days and everytime they tell me the computer is down and they cant help me! What a shower!

I wanna do my Mod 2...NOW!

Did you get it sorted? I've been trying to do the same since last week, when I passed Mod 1. I already have a booking for Mod2 but it's a month away and I'd like to do it earlier. When I enter my details the site tells me there's a problem with my details, so I phoned the helpline number (0300 200 1122) and was told that the computer system was having a bad hair day, but I could book a test over the phone. Unfortunately they didn't have a suitable cancellation at the time, but the guy said that if I tried the following day it should work fine. That was almost a week ago, and I've been trying ever since, but I keep getting the same message - there's a problem with my details :(

The wierd thing is, when the helpline guy enters my details into his computer it brings up my booking details on his screen, but if I try it online, no joy! I'd rather book online, just because I can see what's available and take time to figure out when I can get some time off work for a couple of lessons and the test. Anyway, I suppose if I can't get it sorted soon I may as well wait and take the booking I already have.

Its V Poor, I work in IT for a Solicitors and we were discussing this yesterday, if our online portal was down we'd be expected to sort it out in, at the most 2 hours. They've had a week to fix a Government run site, and its still fubar'd

Its V Poor, I work in IT for a Solicitors and we were discussing this yesterday, if our online portal was down we'd be expected to sort it out in, at the most 2 hours. They've had a week to fix a Government run site, and its still fubar'd

Just a thought. Have you tried deleting any site-specific cookies and re-entering the details from scratch?

b*gg*r!

What details dont it accept?

Well, I've tried all the different conbinations of my licence number, my theory test certificate number, and my application ref number (for my original Mod 2 booking). Just tried again, 5 minutes ago. I also thought I'd try making a fresh booking (clicked on "book a test" instead of "manage your test booking), and worry about cancelling my existing one later, but I only got the option of booking a moped test, not really what I had in mind :? :?