What would be the best age?

Guest Alanthora

Im at the age of 16 now. I'm into bikes alot i cant wait till i start riding one! I wanna ask what is the age i can start riding a bike and to pass all the tests. i did some research and peopel say that 125cc is needed. Is it true and some more info if you can :)

Thanks,

Pawel

you can have a 50cc at 16 but it needs to be restricted to 30mph. however i reccomend getting the restrictor taken off. at 17 you can get a 125 and apply for a full license but you will be restricted to 33bhp for the first 2 years. that should be enough anyway imo.

you can have a 50cc at 16 but it needs to be restricted to 30mph. however i reccomend getting the restrictor taken off. at 17 you can get a 125 and apply for a full license but you will be restricted to 33bhp for the first 2 years. that should be enough anyway imo.

Please be aware that by taking the restrictor off, you are breaking the law and will invalidate your insurance!

Please be aware that by taking the restrictor off, you are breaking the law and will invalidate your insurance!

true. but if you crash into a guy and its your fault in my opinion you sorta deserve it becuase it seems that one little crashes and everyone on a bike is a maniac O.O

but yeh. as susie says if they do check your bike over you can be in trouble :)

true. but if you crash into a guy and its your fault in my opinion you sorta deserve it becuase it seems that one little crashes and everyone on a bike is a maniac O.O

but yeh. as susie says if they do check your bike over you can be in trouble :)

Not really sure what you're getting at Hurtank - assuming you're saying that anyone who has a crash only has themselves to blame?????

But that's immaterial and not the point I was making. Derestricting a bike when you're not legally permitted to do so is breaking the law. If you do derestrict any bike and have an accident then the insurance company will not pay out - either to you or the 3rd party involved. In effect you will not have valid insurance and risk fine/points/prosecution!