Wont start! Urgent trip to wales on friday!

uktriggersm50

was running ok. then cut out, thought it was oily plug then noticed no lights on instrument panel, fuses ok, battery to ignition to insruments circuit complete. took instruments off and tried on another bike, checked circuit on ignition barrel ok, stripped bike down all connections seem to be ok, cant see any damage on loom. how do i test cdi unit.

thanks

different bike i have to my 50cc what died last night and i picked up my new rs 125 for when im 17 today that had the efi and it is now sorted still on but runs fine no probs we think its cos its derestricted. but on the main subject it is a really basic dash with a speedometer neutral light oil light indicator lights and eye beam dipped light.

p.s. unfortually can not ride the 125 to wales thats what i get for not being born a year earlier. :(

p2-produits-22jpg.jpg.e004b8b0e701dd446a38fa8cc7a4dfa0.jpg

silly breather tube. i find that they have more chance in suffocating than a normal one :P

as for the bike. are you sure you havent turned the keys to the Parking light? if you have more than one bike maybe you just havent rememberd that.

has anything short circuited. its possible. maybe even water in the electrics that really sucks. CDI box is (on my bike) a small little box towards the front of the frame. quite easy to get too. easy to take off and play with :) if thats gone you wont be going to wales on friday. i can guarantee that sorry :(

fuses. make sure you check them twice. maybe even replacing twice it can help.

The barrel of the ignition might have the immobilizor short circuiting. this could cause an elec failure.

A connector may have disconnected. i have a scrammie type bike. i use it for offroad quite often as a am an official in MX for dursley club (missed the AMAC championships) and once riding across the dirt managed to disconnect a wire heading to my tail light. i was baffled at the time but it caused my entire elec system to fail.

If you are the original owner of the bike. you should have a circuit board diagram somewhere. its really helpfull it explains which electrix will effect what part of the bike (once my starting motor had abit of a fit and my horn stopped workingg) just saying its possible that this is all connected. there is soo much that can be possible for electrics. if you cannot kick it into life i reccomend taking it to a store.