Lorenzo's Future

Evs7

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2009/Jorge+Lorenzo+to+decide+on+2010+options+shortly

He's set to announce it in the next week. :? I just hope he stays with Yamaha and doesn't go to Ducati. He can consistantly push Valentino on the Yamaha, who knows if he will gel with the Ducati.

Worrying thing is that Ducati have an option on Hayden until 1st September. If Lorenzo goes to Ducati and Stoner returns that means Hayden is out. Does the fact that Lorenzo's decision is coming before September 1st mean that he is going to Ducati?

If so who would take the Yamaha factory seat? Elias? Hayden? De Angelis... remember no rookies into factory teams in 2010.

The smart money says he's staying put, its contract negotiation time, he'd be mad to go anywhere else. Couldn't even think of e replacement maybe a punt at Kallio, he seems to be a decent prospect wouldn't go with any under achieving regular's!

Or what about a straight swap for stoner, if indeed it turns out stoners fallen out with dewcarty!

i have no doubt he will stay at Yamaha. is only concern with Yamaha is that he is not the number one rider. If he goes to Ducati he would still be number 2. Unless the rumours that Casey and the team have fallen out are true (something I very much doubt also).

The Yamaha is THE bike to have at the moment, and Lorenzo knows Rossi is coming to the end of his career. Rossi himself states if JB wants to retire in 2010 then he doubts he would carry on. This leaves Lorenzo in the prime posistion.

I also think Rossi will carry on at Yamaha in a consultancy role. Similar to Shumacher at Ferrari, and who wouldn't want Rossi in your camp helping with development.

So no I don't see Lorenzo leaving. He just wants a little love from Mr Yamaha :asslick:

+3 on Lorenzo not moving...

He'd have to be a bit of a numpty if he did. He's on arguably the quickest bike out there (when it's upright) and he's in the best position to challenge Rossi. Although, if Rossi is always pipping it at the end which is often the case, would George take desperate measure to beat him? I'm not so sure.

If you mean win it or bin it then no what would be the point, but would he play rough oh yes never been shy in them battles remember him getting a ban for almost riding over pedders in the 250's once :lol:

Be a bit like simoncelli next year!!

Sorry what I meant by desperate measures is going to Ducati in an attempt to beat Rossi.

But yeah I agree with you on that point, he needs to realise that 2nd is better than highside........smash-crash-crunch-bash-scrape......oh dear, my ankles are broke again.

I enjoy a good scrap, but not one that see's one of the riders on the ground (especially when he's in my team :evil: )

I think he'll stay at Yamaha. He'll never get paid as much as Rossi until he starts beating him consistantly, but Rossi is going to retire one day.

Rossi will probably retire after he beats his younger brother in Motogp, which his brother isn't in yet.

As for Hayden, I don't think he'll be in Motogp next year, he'd be best off going to WSB.

On a slight tangent Burgess or not Rossi aint retirong till he beats ago's all time win record!

I know Rossi is a great rider but I think Ago's record will stand. he still quite a way off, and Ago had the benefit of racing in 2 classes when he took that.

This was Rossi's take on it when he got the 100

Despite reaching his first major milestone in grand prix racing – winning his 100th race in the FIM Road Racing World Championship – Valentino Rossi insisted his future plans in motorcycle racing will not be influenced by the possibility of breaking Giacomo Agostini's record of 122 grand prix wins.

Rossi insisted a number of times this season that he will keep on riding motorcycles at the highest level as long as he feels comfortable with it and continues to have fun. Of course, breaking records comes as a bonus, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter that much, argued the 5-time MotoGP champion.

The Italian insisted that 22 more wins is not such an easy target as it may seem and revealed he'll decide next year whether going for that record is worth staying in the MotoGP from 2010 onwards

Also just how good would Rossi be without Burgess?