hi

Guest rustypeb

hi iam looking in to getting in to bikeing and have a few questions to ask. My brother is selling his bike as he is going back to uni it is a 600 suzuki bandit iam only 20 at the moment and know i need to be 21 to drive it but am not 21 till april so was wondering wat is my best way for me to getting in to bikeing

hi iam looking in to getting in to bikeing and have a few questions to ask. My brother is selling his bike as he is going back to uni it is a 600 suzuki bandit iam only 20 at the moment and know i need to be 21 to drive it but am not 21 till april so was wondering wat is my best way for me to getting in to bikeing

You can't ride your brother's Bandit till you get a full licence, which would be restricted to 33bhp or lower as you're under 21. The Bandit could be modified to fit under the 33bhp limit but you'd still need to do your test.

To ride now, you need to do CBT and get yourself a moped, or up to a 125 bike or scooter.

If you test before April, you will be restricted for 2 years at 33bhp (unless you retake the test - Accelerated Access).

Maybe your better option would be to ride a 125 till April, then do the DAS test which would allow you to ride any bike without a restriction.

Confused? For further confusion take a look at the http://www.dsa.gov.uk website, where they say pretty much the same as I have but with rather more words.

That's a bit of a tricky one to answer really. It would depend on how old the bike is and in what condition, not just the mileage I'm afraid.

You could always try looking for similar bikes - same age/mileage on something like AutoTrader as a comparison

thanks will have a look it is a w reg and looks to be in very good nick with no scratches and hasnt been droped acording to my brother

From around £1,300 according to Biketrader