general exhaust question

T180985

looking to replace my exhaust within the next few weeks with a new full system and it seems the materials of choice are either Stainless Steel or for a few hundred more Titanium, i just wondered is it really worth going for the titanium i presume there arnt any benefits other than bragging rights and maybe being a few grams lighter?

your getting a full system ? not just the end can ?

get saving for a power commander a K&N and some dyno time then

but yeah Ti is just a bit lighter bragging rights and goes a nice colour when gone through a few heat cycles :)

your getting a full system ? not just the end can ?

get saving for a power commander a K&N and some dyno time then

but yeah Ti is just a bit lighter bragging rights and goes a nice colour when gone through a few heat cycles :)

yea power commander was on the menu also and luckily enough they already do a map for the exhaust i want on their site :) is the k&n really required then? i know when it comes to cars the power gains were always negligible

ah ok fair enough, well they seem cheap enough i suppose :)

just wondered is there going to be a huge amount of difference in quality etc between Arrow, Akrapociv and Yoshimura exhausts? these are the 3 ive found which i like the look of

hmmm i have always said the with akra you are paying for the name

yoshi is a bit similar just not as pricey well bike dependent!!!

arrow arent too bad

quality of them all will be good how much power they release will be a different matter :wink:

if you get the full system ideally you need to get the power commander at the same time and fit them both and have them set up

a full system will allow the bike to breath miles better and cause it to run lean which isnt good

hmmm i have always said the with akra you are paying for the name

yoshi is a bit similar just not as pricey well bike dependent!!!

arrow arent too bad

quality of them all will be good how much power they release will be a different matter :wink:

if you get the full system ideally you need to get the power commander at the same time and fit them both and have them set up

a full system will allow the bike to breath miles better and cause it to run lean which isnt good

well as i was going to get the power commander at the same time will its still run lean? i presumed they would map it so its using the correct amount of fuel?

thats why you need a custom map, if you get a full system and air filter then get a custom map, and the operator will set it all up for you so you get the right fuel air ratio accross the rev range.