how much do i have to earn?

im hopeing to get my cbt in jully next year. i will get a cheap cg or other learner bike, then practice on it and take lessons to pass my full test.

so long story short how many lessons will i probably need and how much are they? and how much are the mod 1 and mod 2 test? cheers

CBT - £80-£120 (depending on where you go)

Theory test - £31

Mod 1 - £16

Mod 2 - £75

Bike- £600-ish?

Insurance -£200-£400

Lessons aren't necessary, if you want them they are more expensive than car lessons. But you could do like a three or four day course with a riding school for around £500 which includes bike hire and test fees. Then you could buy a bigger bike o last you longer straight away.

CBT - £80-£120 (depending on where you go)

Theory test - £31

Mod 1 - £16

Mod 2 - £75

Bike- £600-ish?

Insurance -£200-£400

Lessons aren't necessary, if you want them they are more expensive than car lessons. But you could do like a three or four day course with a riding school for around £500 which includes bike hire and test fees. Then you could buy a bigger bike o last you longer straight away.

great, thanks so much. i know its a vauge question.

Provisional license -£50

and u cud get a bike for less, £400. Forgot to mention a few other things.

Helmet - £80ish

gloves - £20

jacket? Depends.

Some waterproofs - £10

If yr serious, just buy stuff as u go along. Buy helmet jacket and gloves now, apply for yr license now... Save up for yr bike, and do yr cbt wen u can afford the bike. Insurance can be paid for in installments. Any other questions, give us a shout :)

ops. dp. as a side note, what is a lifesaver? cheers

Serious point: It's questions like this that make the statement "Lessons aren't necessary" the biggest load of bollocks ever!

Whilst it is possible to pass the test without professional training, I strongly advise you to get yourself some lessons. They may just teach you how to stay alive on a bike, something that you don't necessarily get just by passing a test :)

Would you let a doctor perform open heart surgery on you if he had learnt his skill from Google, or fly on a commercial flight where the pilot learnt to fly from reading lots of forums? :lol:

Further reading for those who think you can skip professional training and simply self-train by reading...

http://www.begin-motorcycling.co.uk/rospa5.htm

Oh, and you should also consider a sex change, since men account for 93% of motorcyclist deaths and 88% of total motorcyclist casualties. It's safer to be a woman on a bike :up: