Bike test

Guest miler48

As things stand, I'm 48 and for medical reasons have never been able to ride a bike. After a visit to my doctor last week, I have now been told this is possible.

What I need to know is the best way to make this happen, I have been on a bike many times off road and been a pillion all my life.

Can anyone give me any advise??

:cheers:

Miler

Hey Miller, welcome to the forum. I'd say that's a pretty good start to getting where you want to go.

My advice would be to book a training course with a local school. They can teach you the techniques you will require to ride on the road as well as how to stay safe on the road (there aren't any cars or buses on the dirt after all!). I took a 5 day intensive course called a DAS and by the end I had passed. You sound like you might only need 2 or 3 days. Best to see how it goes I guess.

Take a look around the CBT, Test and Training Information forum for more info regarding training and testing for riding a bike on the road.

do You need the bike adapting if the meduical reason was physichal then there are various mod parts you can buy for the bike google disabled bikers would be my syggestion and if not physichal then as above and enjoy, You have got to do the C.B.T with an instructer first anyway and then go from there

Hi

Sorry I've only just replied but the job is a bitch (OFSTED aaaaaaaaaarggh)

Thanks for all the great advice, prov licence will be on its way after medical checks (epilepsy), been good now for about eight years.

One more thing how do i put an image in my author box, I teach construction not IT.

Thanks again

Miler (one L)

:cheers:

Are you talking about an avatar its go to user control panel, profile and select edit avatar you can then browse and upload from your computer but it cant be too big.

100x 100 pixels and 39kb I think!

Theres some other options there as well.