Time to buy Thermals

Okay looking to get myself some thermals and after speaking with Akey a while back and doing some research it looks like my best choice is EDZ or Cold killers?

Looking to buy from this online shop http://www.intobikes.co.uk/products?mn=0176

If anyone has experiance of this company please let me know.

Going to order the legs and socks l8a today I think, then if it makes a big impact ill get the rest of the set.

Cheers all :cheers:

I use EDZ and just normal walking base layers.

All you need is a good acrylic base layer, EDZ are good or just go to an outdoor shop and get either tog24 or Helly Hanson stuff.

I have the cold killers balaclave and it really is one of the best things to buy. It's fantastic! I have some no name thermal pants my mum found in tk max lol, they're great too! I wudnt pay 40 quid for some leg thermals, just get some cheap ones, easily good enough :)

I just wear my thermals under my leathers, don't bother with my jeans anymore.

The only thermal base layer I need it socks... so far all my gear has performed excellent in all conditions... my balaclava is particularly good and I actually wear it all year round... kind of a habit now.

The balaclava is a mix of silk and windstopper gore material, made by BIKERS I think, and it has "Drudi Performance" embroidered on the back. Bought it in HG for around £20 about a year ago (which reminds me, its overdue a wash!).

indeed, a balaclava is excellent! I find my feet don't really get cold :? Good thing like, but in my work boots or my proper Spada boots my feet are fine! The DC trainers i used to wear didnt fair so well :P

sports shop... get a long sleeved top and some ron hills, makes putting your trousers on easy, as they slide over the fabric, and the ankle loops stop them riding up, (ooo-er missus..)

mandmdirect.com

baselayers

Thermal trousers and t shirt will work wonders....

EDZ would be a good place to get them, but even easier is just to pop in to your local out door shop...

On top of that, a neck warmer/windstopper makes a huuggeee difference...

Matalan, T J Hughes, local market all sell thermals cheaply, enabling you to buy many sets.

If you buy one set of expensive ones they will be humming by the end of the week!

I have the full ColdKillers kit and can't say enough good things about it. I have the balaclava (easily the best I have used), the top, the gloves (wonderful), the trousers (especially good for the days you only wear jeans or are going down the motorway for a while) and the socks (an absolute must). I am so toasty warm now you have to remember it's cold when you stop and get undressed!

If you can afford it go for Merino wool,i;m on a outdoor activity forum and they cant rate Merino enough I have stuck some on my Xmas list :wink:

Yep, merino seems to be the new 'industry standard' for base layers, far superior to polypropylene, a bit more expensive but worth it.

Okay I need to stop buying for myself as its xmas BUT!

I need a water proof Back pack and well I think ive bought one :)

Designed to hold a laptop.

Was gunna get a cheaper one from oxford which is 100% waterproof (or as close as u can get) but this one looks nicer!

Remind me of that vanity when it leaks

Anyone used one of these?

Made by Knox

bag.JPG.5ef04f95740c90eeea62ab2542cac00f.JPG

Okay I need to stop buying for myself as its xmas BUT!

I need a water proof Back pack and well I think ive bought one :)

Designed to hold a laptop.

Was gunna get a cheaper one from oxford which is 100% waterproof (or as close as u can get) but this one looks nicer!

Remind me of that vanity when it leaks

Made by Knox

you could always insert a plastic bag first, prevention, rather than cure..

it depends how much you wish to rely on the claims, and on how much you rely on your laptop.

Yeah I will be testing it by leaving it on the washing line when it rains and then submerge it in a bath lol

I will find a solution!

If it does get wet ill dry it out, take it back to work and tell em it was working and then all of a sudden went off :)

Made by Knox

I use one of those every day, very nice. It holds a ton of stuff and nothing has got even remotely damp so far. It also holds my laptop nice and secure, though I do have it in it's own case before I put it in the holder, in the bag. She ain't getting wet then!

Good news about the bag :) Was worried about carrying a laptop around!

Well all my gear has arrived! All fits!

Gunna go out and test it soon.

The gloves fit but there really thick and I can't get my other gloves on now! only thing thats not worked out but tbh my hands are never cold thanks to oxford grips and big fat gloves :)

Hopefully I wont have to wear 3 jumpers under my textiles anymore :)