London Excel Bike Show 4th-7th Feb

Going on the Friday. Honda are going to be there along with Harley and Aprillia and a number of others who werent at the NEC so fingers crossed it will be worth it! It will mark one year since I bought all my kit for my first bike :)

I might pop along on the Saturday, it was pretty good last year...

Agreed with MJ and Ducati Paul, the NEC was a bit of a wash out... Not to mention MK and I spent at least an hour trying to find the Blueflame stand!! :roll:

The Excel wasn't too bad for mainstream last year. Saw quite a few different trade stalls which weren't at the NEC. Desperately need to get a back protector too after a lecture from my cousin...

I was thinking of going on the Saturday but my friends are waiting for the NEC one instead

You do know that the NEC one was in November? :?

Yeah i know, missed it last year and from the sounds of it i didnt miss much lol

I will see if i can convince some friends to join me on the ride up :D

I'm going on the Friday, driving not riding though ( :oops: ) as my pass out is conditional on taking my (much) better half with me and then taking her out in london that night, plus I need the boot space for the stuff I buy :-)

I hope its better than the the NEC show where the general concensus seems to be it was a wash out!

Cheers

Stuart

Actually I think I may be going on Sunday now as the 'other half' wants to go. Probably to stop me spending too much dosh.

No actually I think she just fancies the day out.

Probably driving now as well instead of train. well lets face it 2 x £33 = £66 whereas petrol for 104 miles + £10 parking is a lot cheaper.

Yeah me and the misses were going to try take train, but at 58 quid for both of us return, is cheaper to drive. Ordered the tickets today and going on the thurs, should be good. Just hope my rubbish sat nav takes us to the excel centre, as might as well pay for the parking there.

Well been to the show today, having been first bike show ever been to,was impressed. Enjoyed looking at all the bikes and the live event show was very good. Whilst looking at BMW Bikes, I was looking around one of them, and turned around to see Charley Boorman just chatting away. Was odd as used to watching him on the bike trips on tv he has done.

I personally thought Yamaha was one of the better dealers there. Honda were a bit un-interested, and heard one of the representatives saying Honda arent bothered about doing the shows. There were loads of bike gear stalls too. I decided to part my cash with Draggin Jeans for me and the misses in the end. Was 80 quid cheaper than buying from a shop or even online retailer. Very happy with them! In all highly reccomend the show, was a good day out!

Charley.thumb.jpg.3b9ae0d27e63ed7e4d2c7669b29808d7.jpg

Charley Boorman

I personally thought Yamaha was one of the better dealers there. Honda were a bit un-interested, and heard one of the representatives saying Honda arent bothered about doing the shows. There were loads of bike gear stalls too. I decided to part my cash with Draggin Jeans for me and the misses in the end. Was 80 quid cheaper than buying from a shop or even online retailer. Very happy with them! In all highly reccomend the show, was a good day out!

Some mates of mine (Have a stall there actually) are a Honda dealership, HGB, they've said that Honda are cutting out alot of the shows.. :?

No idea why though, my favorite stand and the NEC (Not the one just gone, one before) was the honda one. Really well designed and great things to see and do.. *Shruggs*

I went Thursday. Thought it was better than the Birmingham show a few weeks back.

Spent the usual small fortune on Ducati gear though!

Thought the best part was the blonde twins on the MCN stand!! :love:

Worst part was the food. £5.50 for a Cheese Burger that was luke warm. The cheese hadn't even melted on it, it was poor. Beer was £3.75 a pint so only had a few!!!

Will go again next year but not to the NEC. Too far really considering the Excell was only about an hour and a half to get there.