It's time to get back on two wheels - Shopping Time :)

Evening people :D

Right, it's time to get cracking and get back on two wheels ready for the good weather....

Can anyone recommend a good training / test centre somewhere in the York / Hull area who can provide the complete direct access course starting with CBT?

:cheers:

Edited by MWillow

Im from york also

did mine with Learn 2 ride its one guy called Gary top bloke

number is 01904 738017

IMO avoid at all costs ride 4 life started my training with them nearly put me off for life unprofessional is prob the best way to describe them

they told me after half a days training that in their opinion I was not ment to ride BIG bikes

went to Gary and passed first time

if you look here will find the DSA list for York

http://www.dsa.gov.uk/AtoZATBInfo.asp?l ... &CAT=-1&s=

• 1 month later...

BANG ON!

liz and john (think thats their names, been bout 10 years since i had contact) will see you right.

they won't be able to tell you how much training you need exactly at the cbt point but most people can get through the das with 3-5 days of training on one of their gs500's.

they are good though, got me through with 2 1/2 days but i'd been riding 125 for 18 months up untill that point.

• 2 weeks later...

That's it, the bug is well and truely back!!!

Did the CBT today, really enjoyed it after not riding for 12 years!! Felt great to be back out on the road.

I feel like i've been lucky today really as i did the road ride with John (York Rider Training) on a one-to-one basis. This was because he wanted the bike i was on back at his house after the ride out; then he gave me a lift back to the training place on his bike :)

As it was a one-to-one, i feel like it turned into a bit of a lesson towards the mod 1 & 2.

Got some really good feedback, a couple of bits that i was a bit rusty on, but he said i should jump straight on a 500cc for a couple of lessons ready for the mod 1 test :cheers:

Looking forward to the theory on the 10th April :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that's the theory all done, had a couple of questions i hadn't seen before but was still ok.

Had a lesson for the mod 1 this afternoon too, went really well. It was my first time riding a 500 and i must say, it's far easier than the 125's, a lot more stable and easier to ride slow on etc.

Bought myself a new helmet for being a good lad afterwards too :mrgreen: