Cam chain tunnels :D *Yay*

skatefreak

Okay, so this is going from bad to worse (for good to better from a tinkering perspective) :)

Just as i was putting the head back together a washer must have been holding onto the side of the rocker housing and decided to drop right down the cam chain opening (didnt have a rag in there as i had just put the top half on and was just putting it all back together, silly me!).

Sooooo, having looked at a few videos and looked around, i cant find much to go on but i'm assuming i'm in for some fun and a good excuse to get the rest of the engine appart (tried fishing, couldnt see anything beneath the chain, turning it upside down dosnt help to much either lol).

Any thoughts on the subject would be fantastic, and yeah, i know, i'm a nit lol

best regards

-Jvr

1999 Kymco Stryker.

Joy of joys, i got the side off and it had fallen in that direction so its out and all i had to do was get the side off :)

Its going back on now because i'd love to carry on taking it appart and learning etc but at the moment its my only bike so i'll wait till i have another one before i start really messing around :)

Have to say, i'v really enjoyed learning about the mechanics of this bike but with the last bits needed to get it going i think i'm done tinkering for a bit and want to get some riding done :)

So yeah, crisis averted :)

i'll throw a picture up in a few.

Best regards

-Jvr

ps,

I noticed the gasket between the engine casings was not a solid one, as in it must have been liquid when first applied as i found bits squashed on the inside, as a precaution i cleaned the surfaces and applied some instant gasket and where it had broken in a couple of spots i cleaned the underside and added some under there to.

Who wants to bet this dosnt seal 100% though heh :P