Slow 125 - Chinese scooter.

Dale.

Hi everyone, i have a question about my Baotian BT125T-12 scooter the clocks it has on only go up to 50MPH and the scooter its self only does 40MPH surely even if it is Chinese i didn't think it would go this slow and at least have bigger clocks. I was expecting about 50mph from it. Was wondering if anyone has had any experience

Please don't slag Chinese scooters off in this topic, please make your own if you do.

Thanks guys and girls.

Hi mate, yeah it is a 4 Stroke

It got serviced last year after i just got it, the guy who done the servicing who deals specially in Chinese scooters/bikes said he thought it was a 50CC. He said it wasn't until he looked at the tax disc he saw that it was a 125CC and even then he had to size up one of his 125cc Carbs to mine to see it was a 125, he says he doesn't understand why it's so slow and that the clocks only go up to 50 for, he showed me that all his 125s all have bigger clocks then what mine does (No he didn't try to sell me one)

When i start to get near 50, downhill and wind on my scooter it will start to jerk every now and then...Which is how i can tell i'm going to make it to the 50MPH mark.

EDIT: Not due a MOT till sometime next year (still within 3 years)

dont know i've never had scooters, or automatics and always jap stuff, could be it was restricted like the B2, for the market it was intended for... especially as it has low mph clocks, legally manufacturers can't fit clocks that do not cover the MPH / KMH range that the vehicle is capable of (in standard form...) you would hvae to join a specific bike forum for more guidance and experience with this bike.

but hope that you enjoy your entry into biking..

dont know i've never had scooters, or automatics and always jap stuff, could be it was restricted like the B2, for the market it was intended for... especially as it has low mph clocks, legally manufacturers can't fit clocks that do not cover the MPH / KMH range that the vehicle is capable of (in standard form...) you would hvae to join a specific bike forum for more guidance and experience with this bike.

but hope that you enjoy your entry into biking..

Hi, i have joined a group for chinese scooters however when i ask i get the reply "125s are not restricted)

I don't mind the 40MPH just got me wondering when i got it serviced and the guy mentioned it.

Yeah i have enjoyed it so far, got this scooter for commuter but i've been bit by the bug. I am trying to save up for a 125 known make bike or scooter.. I don't think my dad is going to sell me his suzuki maurader(spelling?) no more as i've just put mine in for repair which he didn't mention a thing about his bike nor did he say just scrap it and i'll sell you my bike instead...Which my mam said he would sell it to me for £300 pound but i've just had to pull out £245 for some repairs on the scooter.

So i guess it's back to looking at the bike market for me.

Yeah,

I would agree with whats been said and that the bike was only designed for that kind of speed...

Everyone knows imports fall appart if not looked after but that dosnt mean they are slow :P

Ps, not really knocking the imports, i ride an asian import myself, not to shabby, jst a little old this one heh.

Give it a little more googling, i'm sure you will find that its restricted to that speed :| Not that it helps your situation :|

Best regards

-Jvr