Cadwell Park Track Days 27th & 28th March *NOW WITH VIDEOS*

chris128

im from rotherham and yes its fair to say i am now a track addict.. i am definately up for going again any time if i could i would buy a house right next to the mountain best corner EVER... would be nice going with a group to cuz i dont know anyone that does track days on bikes especially so was on me tod yesterday which was abit rubbish..

Guest philgale
im from rotherham and yes its fair to say i am now a track addict.. i am definately up for going again any time if i could i would buy a house right next to the mountain best corner EVER... would be nice going with a group to cuz i dont know anyone that does track days on bikes especially so was on me tod yesterday which was abit rubbish..

check out the TD section there is a few of us going in july for another double...

I'm at Cadwell again next Sunday (4th) and then the wednesday after that (14th) so if you fancy going to either of them then let me know and we can meet up there :)

PMSL...trying to hard to catch me up chris, still got best part of 10 seconds to go and trust me if its dry i will be quicker next time im there.

awww what, I thought you were doing low 50s, I just watched another bit of footage from yesterday and found a lap of me doing 1:56 :) disappointed that I didnt improve on that on the second day (today) though, but I got to do a bit more overtaking and scrapping on track today so that made up for it :P

Guest philgale

with a 1.56 you may wanna have a go at fast group sometime, get a bit more consistent and dont f**k up the mountain etc like your vids and you will be there....

I'm at Cadwell again next Sunday (4th) and then the wednesday after that (14th) so if you fancy going to either of them then let me know and we can meet up there :)

I would of done the sunday but im doing a charity ride for a childrens hospital in sheffield which James Toseland is leading, and i can't do the wednesday cuz of work but if you let me know any other dates at the weekend that your doing i will go, only thing is i really would like to wait till the day before to book just to make sure its not raining as i wouldn't fancy it in the wet..

only thing is i really would like to wait till the day before to book just to make sure its not raining as i wouldn't fancy it in the wet..

Unfortunately I think you will struggle to do that now as we get closer to summer - some of the track days that are 3 or 4 weeks away only have a couple of spaces left at the moment

Guest philgale
nah I dont think I'm anywhere near ready for fast group yet, soo many people overtake me still in inters. That 1:56 and 1:57 were just my best, all my other laps were around 2 minutes.

which is why i say get more consistant, it will come my slower laps getting held up were just under 2 mins. get more confident out braking people and turning in later and firing down the straight (you can see me do both these in your video round charlies 1 and 2) didnt quick get the run out the corner but got them at the next one....

the brembo will help that, i out braked my brother into park corner and someone else and he said my back wheel was lifting off the ground :twisted:

Yeah I definitely need to get more consistent. The bike is at Louth Bikes now (took me an hour to find the place!) so will see what its like for the track day next weekend once its got the Brembo master cylinder, new PF brake pads, stomp grip, and higher bars :) hopefully a lot better!

EDIT: Well I would put some more videos up but youtube is not working :( I'll have to upload em tomorrow night..

Guest philgale

it'll come chris, its just about getting time on the bike, does help doing other tracks though ;) you get in a comfort zone do 1 after the other at the same place....

grab an instructor next time your out, whos your next day with???

Guest philgale

chris looking at your vid you making too much of a corner out of the gooseneck by hugging the right side of chris curves, if you come over to the left you can power straight for the turn in marker and its less of a turn, if that makes sense....

also wrong gear for park, drop to second and then power out short shift to 3rd for chris curves...other than that make your coming on really really well...im impressed. looks like your enjoying the r6

">

Huh, can you actually see that video? It keeps just telling me that it hasnt been processed yet and is not available

PS thanks for the tip on Park :) not sure what you mean about Chris Curve tho - thats by far my fastest part of the track, overtook more people there than anywhere else and always catch people up round there :) I still absolutely suck at mansfield though, get overtaken pretty much every lap there!

Guest philgale

i found after apexing the start of chris curves if you drift out and then pin looking at the turn in cone it turns it more straight rather than banked over...if that makes sense.

just uploaded a vid, the only think i noticed by saying it turns the gooseneck into more of a corner basically if you have to swing out to the outside of the track to hit the turn in marker instead of approaching the marker more straight on then tipping in its less of a turn...

Guest philgale
Ah I get ya, you mean treat it as a straight after you get past the apex rather than leaning it over round the corner. I'll give that a go next weekend and see how it feels :)

a little yeah, just dont open the inside up too much for people nipping up ;)

going out on cold tyres so not the quickest, also your in this chris down start finish straight ;)

">

Just watch the vid from the 28th.

Looked like you was going so so well mate. Really enjoyed watching that, had some great scraps with a few riders. Sounded to me like you was getting the blipping perfect that day, especially going into Park.

Top marks mate :thumb:

Guest philgale

looking really good mate, quality pass on the VTR out of the hairpin.

try and get more people like that, you seem to want to go round the outside quite a lot and thats quite hard, get more comfortable overtaking people and you will be in fast group any time. you seemed to be getting held up a bit. also stop braking for coppice ;)

haha I cant help braking for coppice at the moment, its on my list of things to do though :P

Oh and yeah I loved it when I managed pass people like that one that you mentioned out of the hairpin, feels like you just slingshot out of the corner and shoot past them :) especially great when they are on a faster bike :P

As for trying to go round the outside of people, are you referring mostly to the second part of charlies that leads on to park straight? I dont intend to go round people there its just that a lot of people seem to go a bit slower than me at that part so I try to stick right to the outside and then square off the corner and get past them on the run out of the corner. Doesnt always work though :P

Oh and I dont get held up that much, there's still a hell of a lot of people in inters that shoot past me and are gone in seconds... I just didnt bother putting all those bits in the video as thats not much fun to watch :P

Guest philgale

wondered why you edit your videos like that :lol:

just a few corners, where it looked like you were eying up going round the outside. like at the hairpin its easier to turn in later and fire past them on the power sooner. like you did at hairpin :thumb:

wont be long till your leading the group mate...