Tom Tom Rider Satnav question

I use a tomtom rider V1 and at that price (as long as it works) even if you have to buy the fitting kit, I would snap their hand off mate.

I use a tomtom rider V1 and at that price (as long as it works) even if you have to buy the fitting kit, I would snap their hand off mate.

Roger that, cheers mate, any idea where i should start looking for a fitting kit? Also any idea how much Id pay for Euro maps?

download straight from tomtom.com for maps, unless you want to take a chance with ebay.

mounting kits .... depends what version ... if it a V1, ebay only cos they have stopped making them, i made my own. Or touratech do one for £110.00 :shock:

V2 ... thats what google is for!! But they pretty much everywhere you can buy the TomTom...

I have a V2 and it's okay. I'm not a fan of the keyboard as it takes forever to actually register I'm touching anything within 0.5" of the side of the display. It also keeps loosing all the data (cheap SD cards they sell them with) which is a pain and the ram mount, while functional, is ugly as heck.

With all that said - the software works well, it's definitely waterproof and it's fairly easy to use to get from A-B without adding other dimensions into it. £40 is a bargain, I've been thinking of selling mine but keep thinking I might need it some time and don't know what I'd get for it.

I have a V2 and it's okay. I'm not a fan of the keyboard as it takes forever to actually register I'm touching anything within 0.5" of the side of the display. It also keeps loosing all the data (cheap SD cards they sell them with) which is a pain and the ram mount, while functional, is ugly as heck.

With all that said - the software works well, it's definitely waterproof and it's fairly easy to use to get from A-B without adding other dimensions into it. £40 is a bargain, I've been thinking of selling mine but keep thinking I might need it some time and don't know what I'd get for it.

I'll give you £40 for yours :lol:

£40 is a steal! Mine is the V2 and I hardly use it, probably the biggest waste of money I've spent on my bike :lol:

Dont get me wrong, ace bit of kit, problem is I rather get lost and enjoy the ride!

Here's a thing .......

get a Binatone from Tesco - £35 (It has a headphone socket, too.)

Hunt around the net and put all the Tomtom maps etc you could want for nothing.

Rig up a mounting - mine cost £15 using a satnav case and velcro straps.

£50 all sorted.

Riff, if you can get hold of a scarla rider instead of the tom tom bluetooth headset. Mind you the display is pretty good anyway so you dont really need the audio instructions.

I might have a few fitting bits knocking around (cant promise) but will have a look at the weekend - where about are you?

Riff, if you can get hold of a scarla rider instead of the tom tom bluetooth headset. Mind you the display is pretty good anyway so you dont really need the audio instructions.

I might have a few fitting bits knocking around (cant promise) but will have a look at the weekend - where about are you?

Thanks for that mate, I will have a look around, I live down on the South Coast but often travel up to Liverpool

OK, Ive bought it, get it tomorrow, if its rubbish Im coming round to each and every one of your houses with bigboremike!

IT'S CRAP IT'S CRAP!!!

thats it dinosaur head, bigballsmike is on his way over

RAAWWRRR, I'll bite his head off if he does!