Cadwell Park 14th April *VIDEOS ON PAGE 2*

chris128

I'm sure this isnt going to help with my "only does Cadwell" image :P but I'm just looking at booking another track day at Cadwell on Wednesday 14th April - only £85, being organised by Louth Bikes (you can book it directly with them or via http://www.trackdays.co.uk/tracks/cadwell_park.htm ). Guest riders and a free bacon sandwich too apparently :)

Anyone else up for it? Just waiting to find out if I can get the day off work at the mo

Edited by chris128

Guest philgale
Shall I take it you are not coming then? :P

You shall...I'm already doin 2 Anglesey and 1 oulton that month...

You fancy oulton on 27th got a sofa you can kip on?

You know what, I've realised why I go to Cadwell so much:

1. Its very close - no getting up at stupid oclock or setting off the day before and sleeping in the car

2. There seems to be more track days there than most other circuits

3. The days are cheaper than pretty much every other circuit

4. According to a lot of people, its one of the best tracks in the country

Loads of cadwell days over the next couple of months for £99 and even some for £85, where as at Oulton the cheaper ones are £125 with some being as much as £165. Cheaper ones at Brands are £140 but most are £155. So adding on the additional petrol costs of getting there it will probably cost me over £100 extra to do any track other than Cadwell, and I dont think I would enjoy it any more than I enjoy Cadwell so sod it I'm sticking to Cadwell for the time being!

Guest philgale

if i had the choice i would do oulton, and thats not because its only 40 mins away. people describe oulton as cadwell on drugs :mrgreen: so much faster, longer and a better variety of corners, straights, blind crests etc etc....cadwell is close second i think followed by anglesey but oulton wins hands down....

trust me chris, book on an oulton day you will love it....

• 2 weeks later...
Yay only 1 more hour of work, a 1 hour ride home on the CBR, then its off to prepare for the track day :) hope the weather perks up a bit for tomorrow though, been really grey and miserable here all day today.

Thats a shame it's been goooorrgeous here for the last 5 days :mrgreen:

Have good time mate, hope you get on with the changes on the bike.

thanks guys, as long as I'm feeling happy with the changes to the bike I'm going to try and push it a bit more than normal (dont think I will be getting anywhere near 1:50 though Phil!) so hopefully I'll have some good videos to post when I get back... crash videos are good videos right? :D

Well... what an eventful day!

Got to the track in the morning, not that many people there so they got us in 2 groups (novice/inters and inters/fast) with 30 min sessions, which was good. Went for the novice/inters group in the first session and although I overtook loads of people, the bike felt quite slow especially below 9K RPM, and it sounded a bit different as well. Got back in the paddock after the first session and got a few other guys to have a listen to it and explained that it felt a bit slower than I remembered it - most people said it sounds like it is not running on all 4 cylinders (which meant nothing to me at the time but I understand it now lol). So, loaded the bike back up on the trailer and headed for Louth Bikes... they confirmed one of the cylinders was not running and replaced the coil but that didnt fix it so they had to take the tank and air box etc off and replace the spark plug, which did fix it :) Got them to replace the other 3 spark plugs while they had it all apart as well.

So headed back to the track at about 12 and when I got there I found I had only actually missed one session because our group had a serious incident (the guy had to be helicoptered off to hospital apparently) and they cancelled that session, so they had dinner early which meant I was just in time to start on the afternoon sessions :)

Did the first afternoon session and the bike felt like a rocket now that it was actually working properly haha couldnt stop grinning for the first few laps. Found I was overtaking almost everyone in the novice/inters group and getting held up a lot so I asked to be moved up into the inters/fast group for the next few sessions, which meant I went straight back out after coming in from the novice/inters session :P didnt see another bike for the whole session though! Pretty much the same for the next one as well, caught up with one guy only for him to pull back into the paddock on the next lap, and a couple of guys flew past me and were gone in seconds. Oh and I went for some on the grass action again :D haha round park corner went in a bit too hot and had nowhere to go but the grass - or it might have been the one where I got my knee down ( :D ) and wasnt expecting it so sh*t myself and sat upright half way through the bend... not sure til I watch the video back. Anyway I kept it upright and carried on, I'll put the video up on youtube (along with some other clips) once ive found it and watched it :)

So yeah, overall a good day, though I was getting a bit frustrated on the last couple of sessions as I was trying to go faster round the corners but just bottling it.... oh but I did manage to go round coppice without braking, you'd have been proud Phil :P

Just watched the videos, best lap was a 1:52 :D

Did loads of 1:54s and quite a few 1:53s so I'm pretty pleased with that considering my previous best was 1:56 :)

trying to upload some of the clips now but youtube is being a tw*t..

impressive times mate....lets see what you can do at another track now :lol:

lol yeah I'm quite curious about that - obviously knowing the track well helps, but it doesnt take that long to learn the basic layout of a track so I'm keen to see if once I've been round another track for a few sessions I can put things I've learnt at Cadwell into practice there as well, or if you have to practice a lot at each track to be any good at it.

Anyway, here's a video of me being stupid at Park corner :D

">

haha I know it wasnt the fact that I didnt think I would make the corner, it was the shock of hitting something on the ground (not sure if it was my knee or something on the bike).

As for Anglesey I wont be able to get 16th off work as I've already got 10th and 11th off for a Cadwell double

Oh and here's a video of one of my 1:52 laps (I did 2, not sure which was fastest down to the miliseconds but this one will do) :) Some pretty crap lines through some parts, I always seem to find when I try and push myself to go faster I cant make all of the apexs...

">

Guest philgale

looking good mate, has someone pissed something all the way round the track....

i think you need a lap timer next so you know for sure what your doing ;)