new bsb point system

bex

how is it going to be good, say you got three guys all within 25 points sitting in 6th,7th and 8th when they chop the top 6 out, the 7th and 8th guys would be able to gain 5th place in the last few races but under the new system they are basically told to sod off. dont see why this is fair and right, ofcourse there could be more than that fighting for that spot in a close point score but tough, dont see how its good tbh

good job i watch the racing for the racing rather than who is scoring what lol

• 2 weeks later...

scoring

the first 9 rounds are scored as of old

25 for win, 20-16-13-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

after these 9 rounds the riders then drop the two worst scores

(this is scores from races they have qualified DNS is a DNS)

the top 6 will be sectioned off and given a new starting score of 500, they then race for the title with added points based on their podium finishes

3 points for 1st

2 points for 2nd

1 point for 3rd

the rest are racing for the positions up to 7th using their normal scores minus the two dropped scores

everyone still has the standard point scoring for the last three rounds.

Not sure if I like it yet.

As we know it's supposed to make it fairer and stop someone running away with the title when there are still 3 or 4 meets left and the fans get bored and don't come and pay to watch, which means the teams and everyone in the industry suffers finacially blah blah. The thing is, this doesn't happen very often and I don't think it's fair if a team has worked so hard that they are heads above everyone else.

I'd be gutted if I knew I could easily win the title, then the next best 5 guys become equal to me in the last 3 races and my bike buggers up on the last meet and I lose the title.

I do like the second race grid format rules though. Now that is very fair and puts a good twist to every meet. This in my opinion will more than likely stop someone running away with the title.

Not sure if I like it yet.

As we know it's supposed to make it fairer and stop someone running away with the title when there are still 3 or 4 meets left and the fans get bored and don't come and pay to watch, which means the teams and everyone in the industry suffers finacially blah blah. The thing is, this doesn't happen very often and I don't think it's fair if a team has worked so hard that they are heads above everyone else.

I'd be gutted if I knew I could easily win the title, then the next best 5 guys become equal to me in the last 3 races and my bike buggers up on the last meet and I lose the title.

I do like the second race grid format rules though. Now that is very fair and puts a good twist to every meet. This in my opinion will more than likely stop someone running away with the title.

ok so you work your butt off in the race before and move from 15th to 9th, but muggins here starts on pole but highsides in the first corner, but i get your 9th spot and you have to go to tenth, thats fair is it?

ok so you work your butt off in the race before and move from 15th to 9th, but muggins here starts on pole but highsides in the first corner, but i get your 9th spot and you have to go to tenth, thats fair is it?

I think I'd be miffed that you'd gone a place above me, but in the old sytem I'd have had to fight my way up from 15th again. Now I only have to fight from 10th :D

It goes on fastest lap from race 1 though, not what place you finish the race. So I don't think your scenario would work. I understand you're thinking.

I'd be even more miffed if I had started pole in race 1, highsided, then had to start from 9th in race 2 with these new rules.

hey deso, long time no see. You got another bike yet?

As for these new rules, I think they sound quite good. If they make it more interesting to watch then its fine by me, of course I might not be saying that if I was one of the people actually racing but I'm not... think I'll have to do a few more track days before that :lol: