Chinese imports?

Muddi

chinese Imports??

What do you think of them!??

Just been looking at this on e-bay but not sure of them. are parts easily available at not stupid prices? Are they reliable etc etc - im sure they would hold there money for resale!

CHINESE IMPORT BIKES

............... And discuss................. lol

The rear linkages on the suspension have been known to snap -- leaves

the back mud-guard/subframe sat on the tyre... I wouldn't touch one with a barge-pole.. Just buy a cheap Jap bike instead...

:idea: :D

:oops: i dont actually know.. lol i what was the topic.. lol i need to go back to bed...

if ur gonna buy a import.. make sure its a grey import (jap).. least they are made by real manufacturers...

The chinese bikes designed and built for sale outside the EU, and imported into the UK. Because such a vehicle was not originally intended for sale here, it may not be manufactured to European specifications and may not have undergone European Type Approval - means they're shit and will fall apart

:oops: i dont actually know.. lol i what was the topic.. lol i need to go back to bed...

if ur gonna buy a import.. make sure its a grey import (jap).. least they are made by real manufacturers...

The chinese bikes designed and built for sale outside the EU, and imported into the UK. Because such a vehicle was not originally intended for sale here, it may not be manufactured to European specifications and may not have undergone European Type Approval - means they're sh*t and will fall tapar

See..............made for Pikies :wink:

The chinese bikes designed and built for sale outside the EU, and imported into the UK. Because such a vehicle was not originally intended for sale here, it may not be manufactured to European specifications and may not have undergone European Type Approval - means they're sh*t and will fall tapar

See..............made for Pikies :wink:

agreed... lol just realised apart dont start with a T either.. lol

Imports are for Pikies :up:

Yes, there is that too....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahem.... mines an import..

Apologies Pid... I was a bit away with the fairies when I wrote this - Grey imports aren't for Pikies.... They're for tight gits...

Chinese imports are for pikies.....

So that's that sorted out then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol @ ed...

course am tight.. only paid £250 for it.. lol

Yeh! gotta take my hat off to you for that one! Bike looks MINT now!!

Lesson to be learned me finks! :D

hey nothing wrong with being tight!! anyway as I keep telling folks - its not being tight, its being very careful with ya money!! :D

Cheers for advice - my sister just got a custom chinese jobby! I was thinking they might be worth the brass - but have only heard bad stuff about them!

Think i wll keep looking for a cheap good second hand one! :wink:

anyone know of any old superdreams for sale!! cheap!!! lol

• 5 months later...

Had the wife's Sukida for about 3 weeks now. It cost me £355 ON THE ROAD. It's built to Euro spec and came with EU type approval.

The majority of CG125 parts fit it.

Build quality matches the bikes here from the 80s. It starts, it goes, it stops. Some parts did need tightening up- it came in a crate! (Just the front wheel, rear carrier, handlebars, gear lever needed fitting the rest was built).

If she can learn on it and we flog it after a year for £200 I'll be happy and so far it promises to be a half decent bike. I'm fairly certain someone would give me £200 for it then, when it's a choice of a dog of a 2nd hand bike or a nearly new one that doesn't need an MOT for 2 years!

Not at all surprised to learn that CG125 bits fit. Until a few years ago Honda were having some of their engines manufactured under licence in China. The production facilities weere controlled by Honda in order to ensure that their quality criteria were met. They then discovered that a number of products were appearing around the world, Honda badged but with invalid Honda serial numbers. The licences were withdrawn and the manufacturing was returned to Japan or moved to more reliable countries. Unsurprisingly this did not prevent the fake manufacture of Honda engined and badged products, and I know that some of them were supplied to the UK. (But not motorcycles as far as I am aware.) Whilst the engines themselves were, for the most part, reasonably reliable, the equipment they were attached to was rubbish. This led to a number of end-users trying to make warranty claims against Honda, which, understandably, were rejected. In most of the cases that I became aware of the goods had been sold via the internet and, guess what? When the buyers tried to seek recompense from the vendors, they had disappeared.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!

I really hope that your wife has no problems with her machine, and that it lasts long enough to serve your purposes, widu13.

Cheers Col, of course buyer beware applies to all purchases inc Jap bikes. This is a copy of a Honda design it is not badged or pretends to be Honda but Sudika. The Internet Bike Shop is the importer and they have a large dealer network (about 15-20 shops IIRC) and offer support and spares and well as Honda parts fitting.

People are too quick to knock 'em. They are at the stage now, where Jap bikes were in the 80s. Most people now wouldn't buy an 80s statndard of build bike now because the manufacturuing processes have moved on. But to my thinking, if I could "put up" with it then why not now?

Only one word for chinese import bikes....BORROCKS...

I knew someone who sold them and even they said they were crap... :shock:

Cheap nasty death traps.. Someone local bought one and after a week the swing arm snapped... Could not get parts for it so scrapped it and bought something else.... :?:

Each to their own I guess. I don't know anyone else who has one or that sells them, but I have one and for the money it is a good bike.

Parts are relatively plentiful, most parts from the original bikes they are copied from fit for starters.

There rubbish.My son got a Lifan Samurai 125. been nothing but trouble.

bit and bolt falling off. mounting bracket breaking. Suspension bush going after a few weeks and the waranty we took out put it down 2 wear and tear so wouldn,t pay out. crap crap crap.