track bike hire

hi,

i am interested in doing a track day but i dont have a bike to use on the track so looking at hiring one, ive looked at a few sites and havnt found and answer to my question.... can i hire a track bike?

im 18, passed my restricted lisence in oct 2009 so i doubt they'll alow me to on a ristricted lisence right?

Thanks

It won't necessarily be the track hire company that stop you. With the MSV tracks (Brands, Snetterton, Oulton, Cadwell, Bedford) they don't allow people on track with restricted licences.

I think you can ride a restricted bike on some of the other circuits, but might be worth ringing hire companies to see if you ride their bikes. I use Lady Snoots for my hire bikes, Martin is a top bloke from what I've seen/heard so far.

Guest philgale

i think focused events and hottrax wont allow you on any of there days as they check licenses at all track...

NoLimits dont check at none MSV track but dont think anyone will hire a bike out to you unless you are fully licensed

the ron halsam school lets you on with 33bhp, although its only 1/2 a day for £279 with their bike.

I looked at smallboy track bike hire, but i think they're linked to msv or no limits so you cant use them.

Its a bit of a sh1t system really, I could understand if you had no lisence, but you can obviously ride a bike! I dont reckon you'd take a full power bike out of your own comfort zone and if it did scare you, you'd just back off a bit.

I think you should be able to do the Mick Boddice track school and hire one of their bikes at Darley Moor track with just a restricted license. I just did the school last Friday on one of their bikes. I have a full license, but they didn't ask to see it, plus there was a group of youngsters there (separate from the two adult groups) who couldn't have had regular licenses.

The track is relatively easy to learn and the day was reasonably priced. The term "school" should be applied loosely, but I got pretty good feedback from the instructor in my group - 5 of us to just him all day. I liked it enough I'd recommend it and I might even do it again with a friend soon.

that looks great but it doesnt say anything about prices, id be interested in the 1 day track training, did you do this and how much was it?

If you click on the booking form, the prices are listed - £175 on your own bike and £260 on theirs including lunch and any gear including full leathers you may need.

http://www.boddicedarleytraining.co.uk/ ... G_FORM.pdf

I did the one day course and used their bike. I brought my own gear and changed there. The course ran from 9-ish am until about 4 in the fternoon taking a break for lunch. I got about eight 20 minute track sessions with comments in betweenThe bikes are fairly new honda cbr600rr and they are awesome. The track is located south of ashbourne and north of Darley Moore on the A515.

I might go again to a regular track day there as it is close to my house and you can just turn up on the day. I wouldn't actually mind doing the course again, but I'd bring my own bike next time. I also like it that they mandate road bikes and road tyres - seems less intimidating to a track newbie like me. :)

The track is the triangle you can see:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 5&t=h&z=14

• 4 weeks later...

It was great that You have got the training about bike riding. I think that It would be not worthy for one day training. If They will give the training for one day then It would be helpful for those people who have wanted took the training. I wish that They would be so far than other tariner.

Edited by Anonymous