Honda CLR125

fli2008

So i got my first my bike, its a Honda CLR, pretty fast up to 45 - 50 will beat most cars off the line, its completely stock. And im just wondering if there is anything i could do to get a bit more acceleration/speed out off my bike? I dont want to get it bored out, because i dont want to damage the engine, i was looking at K&N filters, would they be any good? my neighbour said if i take the baffles out it would make a difference, and also he mentioned something about the throttle?? Can i change the powerbands on this bike?

Thanks.

If its similar to a CG125, unscrew the pilot screw on the carb a few turns just before it drops out. You'll have to turn the idle screw out too to match the revs before you adjusted the pilot screw. Do this after the engine has had 10mins of stop go riding.

Will damage your fuel economy, I turned mine back in because kept losing the pilot screw :roll:

which is it speed (top end) or acceleration...

changing sprocket sizes will increase acceleration, but lose you top end, or increase top end, but lower acceleration...

depending on the change, you may need a new chain due to the change in length/teeth.

would an exhaust change make a difference? its currently got 11bhp and i think im allowed up to 14 is there anyway i could squeeze that bit extra out? ( and i like to get a bit of top end and acceleration out of it )

Bigger main jet

Better air filter or drill holes in the box to free up air flow

Iridium spark plug for stronger spark and smoother revs

Better exhaust

Bigger sprockets to match

That list there should get you maybe 3 horse power extra. The spark plugs and airfilter increased my Varaderos performance by 2 horse power. This is when I was upgrading it.

and how much would that knock me back fozzie? im actually wondering if its worth doing? maybe just stick to this for a few months then get something a bit better, maybe a 2 stroke bike?

You really wanna go fast sell it, spend the money on lessons, get your license and get something with some proper go

:stupid:

Its just not worth the hassle of trying to make a 125 go any faster.

Well im absolutely gutted, only had the bike 3 weeks and already someone has tried to rob it, B*stards cut through 3 gates with bolt cutters, cut through the back padlock and chain, which was heavy duty, but the one that pisses me off the most, they couldnt work out how to get the disc lock off so they have cut through the brake disc :evil: luckily my dad caught them and scared em off, cowards ran away, pity they didnt stay cause they wouldnt have been walking home :evil: looks like im gonna be off the road for a few weeks as i dont have the money for a new disc. Im absolutely fuming. wish i could get my hands on em :evil:

Man that's terrible mate. I can't believe these cretin decide they deserve your property. I really hope they fry for that. Really gutting and it's your new bike.

Not to sound masochistic but do you have any pics of the damage they did? I'm curious to see how they attack the bike.

no i dont have any pictures im afraid, although looks as if they have managed to get through everything else and the disc lock has stumped them, so the idiots have decided to use a pair or bolt cutters on the disc and made a right mess, big gouges out of the disc and it is now bent, been quoted £78 for a new disc, lucky my dad disturbed them as there have been two other succesfull thefts in the area overnight. I will be waiting tonight :twisted:

Yeah good man. I've got my attack plan all ready. Straight onto the roof extention then a wrestler style jump with a firm swing with an chin up bar :P

knowing my luck I'll fall on my arse.

Neighbours managed to move my bike without setting the disk lock alarm off which I thought was amazing. I can't fart near it or it'll go off

My plans fairly simple, baseball bat to the head i dont care how many of them there are ill take down as many as i can before i go down. Police havent really been much help, came out had a look at the bike etc, also realised earlier this morning most of my stuff in the shed was missing :evil:

My plans fairly simple, baseball bat to the head i dont care how many of them there are ill take down as many as i can before i go down. Police havent really been much help, came out had a look at the bike etc, also realised earlier this morning most of my stuff in the shed was missing :evil:

Ah crap, that;s even worse. Yeah the police just don't seem to do anything. I was robbed at Christmas a few years back, came back to my flat to find it completely ran-sacked. Police come around, dusted a few finger prints and never heard from them again.

For some reason that xmas I took all my stuff home in my car, I only lost a cheap laptop.