Combining Leathers and textiles. Your opinions wanted...

Evening all,

So I passed my big boys bike test last week and have secured myself a lovely FZ6n. She's a beauty.

I've always wanted a leather jacket for a bike, but just couldn't see myself wearing one on my little YBR.

Now that I have the bike that I've wanted, I'm upgrading my gear to match.

So, I've bought a leather jacket. Its a Weise - a right tidy number and there are plenty of leather trousers to match to choose from.

On the other hand though, I'm considering some textile or maybe half and half trousers, as I'm planning on doing some touring next year and leather trousers might not be too practical (feel free to disagree here, I'd like your say on this too).

So finally we get to the question. With my heart set on this jacket I've bought, is it strange to pair it with textile trousers? Would that look odd? Does anyone else ever do it?

If it would make me like like a right plonker, I'm fine to go the way of the leather bottoms, but thought I'd run it past you lot.

Nice one.

Personally I wear Textile jacket coupled with leather strides ... most of the time.

I think, if it were me, I'd start with what i was most comfortable with to start with. And expand your kit from there.

I ahve a Frank Thomas leather jacket and Heine Gerick textile jacket and trousers

The trousers have a bib and brace which I use instead of zipping to the jacket

Today I ar bin wearin the leather jacket and textile trousers

Both minus the inner lining :cheers:

I'm wearing leather jacket and textile trousers. I dont see anything wrong with it. Only downside is they dont zip together as they have different size zips:( No experience in touring or leather trousers so cant help you there;)

When it's wet I wear Textile jacket, textile trousers. When warm and sunny, Leather jacket (unless it's in need of a clean) and kevlar jeans.

Just been bought some leather trousers that I can ALMOST fit into now, so will wear those soon :P I was cursing the mrs for buying slightly too small trousers, but it's given me more incentive to lose weight so it's all good!

Soon as I got my big bike vfr750 (lovely) I too thought better grab some better gear, quick trip to M&P Swansea (there for hours and a gr8 cafe) and I got leather jacket with half and half trousers, bit more comfy and gr8 for touring! Not too sure bout the boots that I got, more like wellies to me, so im the one with cowboy boots instead :lol:

Thou I do throw on textile trousers wen i cant be arsed with the leather ones,

try it alll and grab wat YOU think

8-)

I have A leather & textile jackets for winter & summer, I use textile trousers for real wet weather,,, (winter)

But I much prefer & use most of the time leather jeans & have just bought a pair of lightweight

waterproof over trousers, as I don't fancy touring Scotland in full textile gear,, But that's just my choice,,,,,,,

have both, lucky me,

have worn leather trousers with textile jacket (zip together) and textile trousers (urban camo) with leather jacket and fleece/ hoody..

as long as its protection, does it matter... best if it zips together though..