getting better performance from 2007 honda cbr 125r

Guest aston1

hey guys new to the website

it there any why that i can up the speeds and performance of my bike

is there any way to derestrict it by my self or any parts i can get to improve it

1591918194_Bluehills.jpg.ed75c5684ca76d5fc673b19e78ebf8ac.jpg

Hi mate, I have the same bike.

Honestly, you can put a new exhaust on it (scorpion etc) but you'd be MUCH better using it as a good incentive to nail your test.

The CBR is a beautiful bike but the L plate are my bane. As much as I want to tear them off and not look like a mug at the local bike cafes it's a sign that you should get your test done. A scorpion can will set you back a few hundred quid and gain you a few BHP but you could put that money towards training or a new bike!

Just think, "New Bike" and get that test nailed ;)

Would be nice to know... 125's would be alot more fun if they had that extra power!

i think its only really a micron or w/e exhaust, to free up some bhp... Foz is the one to ask..

but yeh getting a bigger bike would be better

Gonna side with everyone else here, I'm afraid.

Would be much better just to put the money towards your test.

Even the slowest 600 will still destroy any road going 125.

You know it makes sense :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yep,

Will have to add myself that a 4 stroke 125 isnt going to get you that much more performance...

If it was a 2 stroke then we'r talking but again, as much fun as thrashing a 125 2 stoke is (NSR comes to mind *grins*),

you would be better off doing your test and getting a bigger bike as it would require less maintinance (ie rebuilds as required with the NSR's and such).

Save yr monkey and instead of floggin a dead horse trying to mod the 4t 125, get yr test out the way and look for something like an ER5, not the hottest thing on the planet looks wise and not sh*t off a shovel fast but easy on the ensurance and enough poke to take you through the next year or more :)

Best regards

-Jvr