Normandy

Just got back after a few days riding round Normandy on the Bonneville. What a great place!

The roads are superb and largely traffic free. Fantastic countryside, and of course the sights and reminders of the war.

Here are a few piccies -2124918774_BonnevilleatOmaha.JPG.2242e7cc8be3734dbd8e3b6fd8ad7599.JPG1688105363_AmericanCemetary.JPG.b915026b1e29e768f13272dc3e586f61.JPG1324052024_ChateaudeGretot.JPG.e05d80f23b725c2dd7c92620866d61e0.JPG

1153788088_ViewofOmahafromtheamericancemetary.JPG.f4763d4a1558cc7c1a5edb60b59f5f3e.JPG

350812711_BonnevilleatOmaha.JPG.7c5d5175447e3065aea6826b886bd2de.JPG

Looks great Blackadder :thumb:

I was over there in '94 for the 40 year anniversary of DDay, was pretty impressive. I have a bee in my bonnet about france now though .. long story, but I really should get over there on me bike ...

ive actually rode past the american cemetry without knowing it was there :? would have loved to go in...ans st malo has many gun turrets with the shell holes in them...god it must have been terrible :shock:

Thanks Peeps - I was really pleased with how the bike performed. I was a bit worried with it being smaller than most bikes - but it was a pleasure.

If anyone wants details of the superb B & B near Carantan, let me know. Run by a British family from Lancashire, secure bike parking in a garage, lovely rooms & food, and within easy reach of the D Day coast or the Western coast for Mont Sainte Michel etc.

:D :D

Anyone wanting to do Normandy/Flanders battlefield tours, I have several contacts who can put together full packages travel/accommodation/tour guide, or a tailormade package.

PM if you want further info.

I hope this does not contravene forum advertising, if it does please delete.

Ive always had an interest in the war and after watching a program on

the tv the other night (Bloody Omaha) I would love to go and see it.

I think as the years go on people forget more and more the sacrifice

made by so many and the lessons that need to be learned. I know theres

a war in afghanistan at the minute and its horrible the number of young lads

getting killed and severely injured but its totally unbelievable the sheer numbers

of soldiers that were killed in a single day on Omaha beach.