Too many lessons or not?

Ive done my theory and cbt, but they was both a while ago and its coming upto the 2 year renewal (beginning of aug). This has forced me to get off my lazy butt and finally get my lessons/test out of the way. Problem is i havnt ridden at all since my cbt almost 2 years ago.

Just been to somewhere in manchester (moto-techique) for an assessment and the guy there told me to re-do my cbt (£110) + theory again(£31), then do a set of beginner lessons (3 sessions @£44 on 125), then do full DA licence lessons (6 sessions + test, £399)

Grand total of £672.

I understand he wants me to start slowly but still seems a lot of lessons, compared to the number of people who pass in a week. Which also makes me wonder why hes stressing on me redoing my theory (5th aug when it expires). Is 2 months not enough even with all these lessons? (which im free for the next 2 months anyway)

Does this seem reasonable for what is available? I was just planning on spending £400 for the learner pack initially, just unsure now with the learning curve/safety stuff

If your theory and CBT is still valid there is not need to redo them unless they wll expire before you complete the DAS. When you say sessions, how long are they? Full days or a few hours a day?

I paid £660 for my das and that was a 5 day course which included all lessons test fees. 1 day on a 125 and 4 days on a 500.

I completed the CBT and theory last year so that was roughly another £150.

Just reread your post and you have nearly 2 months to get the training and license. Shop aroud and ask the opinion of other schools. You shouuld be able to pass in this time without the need to retake theory

No point redoing CBT if going to then pay for more training. Sounds like they trying to get as much money out of you as possible. Why dont you just pay for a few lessons with somebody, and then take test on a 125, and get restricted licence for 2 years before your CBT/theory expire. Because if you have not ridden in 2 years, then having restricted licence wont be a massive deal.

thanks for all the input

I think sessions may be 2hours, but i think it says you can swap a 2hour lesson for a 125 bike loan for the day.

Sound like they are trying to rob you. I would go elsewhere, 2 hours training is nothing for that much money. I started at 8.30 and finished a 3.30 - 4 in the afternoon with an hours lunch break. Pretty intense, but the time on the bike counts!

Look on this site and get in touch with schools local to you http://www.begin-motorcycling.co.uk

No point redoing CBT if going to then pay for more training. Sounds like they trying to get as much money out of you as possible. Why dont you just pay for a few lessons with somebody, and then take test on a 125, and get restricted licence for 2 years before your CBT/theory expire. Because if you have not ridden in 2 years, then having restricted licence wont be a massive deal.

My only problem is will be travelling 170miles regularly once i get this bike (which may result in not regular depending on how much it cripples me heh)

Yeah, thats silly. I say, do your CBT somewhere else, cheaper - £80 where i did mine. And then re-do theory on the fresh CBT.

Unless you have a couple of months left on the CBT, in which case u cud get it all done...

Just go straight into DAS, you can get DAS done with £400 inc. test fees and bike/gear hire...