Going to the Gallows tomorrow .......

Friday 2pm 04/06/10 in penzance the Drums roll as I walk up to the steps of the DSA center .......

Nerves are setting in but at least I get to know if they still hate me :shock:

Still not sure about How im gonna play it but been taking peoples advice and Talking to myself ....Doing the same when Riding on me bike too :)

That seems to calm me Down and Ride better .

Ill post the result tomorrow to Encourage / Destroy hopes of (Edit as nessacery tomorrow) other people doing their test soon :)

Any last minute tips please insert below .................. :cheers:

Best of luck mate.

Take it easy, relax.

And the talking to yourself thing is a recognised advanced riding technique. So if it works for you, use it :thumb:

Sure you will be fine :D

Peace of piss. If your nervous you will fail .You need to be relaxed and confident.............but not cocky.

1 you cant go too slow (except through the speed trap bit!)

2 You cant go to fast.

3 If your not sure about what any exercise envolves, you can ask the examiner and he will be happy to help (He wont tell you how to do the exercises though)

4Enyoy it! The surface is super grippy and getting up to speed for the trap around the bend and doing the swerve are great fun!

Good luck!!! Im sure you wont need it though! :cheers:

Peace of piss. If your nervous you will fail .You need to be relaxed and confident.............but not cocky.

1 you cant go too slow (except through the speed trap bit!)

2 You cant go to fast.

3 If your not sure about what any exercise envolves, you can ask the examiner and he will be happy to help (He wont tell you how to do the exercises though)

4Enyoy it! The surface is super grippy and getting up to speed for the trap around the bend and doing the swerve are great fun!

Good luck!!! Im sure you wont need it though! :cheers:

Sorry I should have said its mod 2 :oops: and thanks for the suport but When I did mod 1 I Did go too slow through the speed trap many times :D

Easier said than done but........

try and relax and pretend you are enjoying yourself :)

Deep calming breaths beforehand, you know you are capable of passing.

Get your procedures in your head, don't forget your lifesavers.

Good luck

do it for the ferrets :P

On a delicate matter I Told my wife that alot of people belive you should have a little Bedroom activity on the night before a test and have 80% more chance of passing but she thinks im making it up. can anyone back me up because I cant remember where I got this statistic from and for some reason she is a bit sceptical :cry:

I found talking to myself helped...

Dont worry if you think youve done something wrong, just keep going,

MOve your head around,

Try to relax, My arms were killing afterwards where i had a vice like death grip on the bars!

and GOOD LUCK! Im sure your'll be fine

Good luck!

You're either up to scratch or you're not. So with that in mind just enjoy the ride. Nerves don't help and trying too hard won't make you pass if you're not up to scratch anyway, the best way to maximise your chances is to relax and enjoy : )

Good luck!

You're either up to scratch or you're not. So with that in mind just enjoy the ride. Nerves don't help and trying too hard won't make you pass if you're not up to scratch anyway, the best way to maximise your chances is to relax and enjoy : )

Thanks alot I will try and remember that :cheers:

6 Hours to go and Im wishing I could just get on with it now cos Im sure its the waiting that Does ya in.

currently eating a hearty breakfast and swatting up on my show and tell :roll:

Speed limits get up to speed on 50's, 60's,as well as the 30's

Cancel indicators; check & double check

Good obs

You can ride it,don't give them a reason to fail you,

Look forward to your pass post tonight :)

Big FAT fail..............

GUTTED :crybaby:

I dont Do tests well and this was no exception

I rode a good ride and was in control though really nervous but remembering to DO everything i needed to do.

I even got all the show tell questions right

Going through the mad town center I even pulled in so an ambulance could get through #(thinking that will get me some brownie points) then he said pull in at the side of the road so I did and puled away,Fine then we got into a long road where there are No cars,No people Nothing but the Road and he says Pull in on the left to the side of the road ...but because there was a left turning I thought "Turn left" so Instead of turning into the side of the road I went on a bit and turned into the left junction Just as the Only man and his Dog within a mile decided to cross the Junction..........

I turned left into it God knows why and he just went accross the entrance and although I was nowhere near him I got a serious fault for Bad planning and Fair enough I deserved it ......I just Dont know where my head was so thats why IM gutted,I made a STUPID mistake and Failed.

The examiner said after "I shouldnt say this but am I right you havnt had much training,well if I were you I wouldnt " he said my riding style was really good and any training may be detrimental, all I need Do is book again as soon as possible and Ill be fine.

So im thinking book again or just forget it,cos on your test anything can happen :(

Bummer - gutted for you!!!! :(

Don't give up i had an awful Mod1 experience long story short, emergency stop, i ended up on the ground wondering what had happened. I was bruised in places i didn't know existed, i had a graze on my hand as my new gloves ripped, my new wind and waterproofs ripped, and i had ligament damage to 3 of my knuckles. 2 weeks later though i was back on the bike and i passed my Mod1 (even though i still couldn't bend my knuckels properly) it feels like crap when you fail but keep trying, you will get it in the end!!!!!

So im thinking book again or just forget it

Don't you dare just forget it.

The examiner said you should be fine next time, so just book it again, You have come some way to get this far, just forgetting it, is not really an option is it.

Better luck next time :thumb:

I'm not usually the bloke to say "Ahhh better luck next time" but it sounds like you genuinely had a good ride. If the examminer said what you wrote then I would be driven by that and I would get the test re-booked.

If you give up now it can't mean that much to you, now if that doesn't put some fire in your belly, nout will.

Be good and get it nailed.

I'm surprised that was a fail. As far as i was aware they can't fault you for going the wrong way. You just misunderstood what he said, unless i misread yur post.

Anyway, never mind, if the examiner said you were fine otherwise, then just book another. It'll be worth the few quid.

I thought i did worse second time round, but i passed. There's always that gap for subjective interpretation of the reasons why you did something. Sometimes you have to just give him another opportunity to do the right thing and pass you :mrgreen:

Thanks guys your right.

That was the "pissed off " part of me wondering if I should quit while im down but If the examiner hadn't said what he did, and said go get some lessons, I may have called it a day but cos he said I had a nice riding style dont mess that up with lessons It kind of makes me think I must be ok underneath it all .

The funny side of this was my CBT Instructor was there waiting for his pupil before my turn and telling me I had no chance cos I hadnt followed up my CBT with lessons and then 5 minutes later his pupil got back having failed (Not funny for him BTW) and the CBT instructor went strangly quiet after that.

Well with support from you lot and the Mrs I have booked again and the nearest date was :

Application reference number: 22160635

Date and time of test: Friday 09 Jul 2010 11:31

Last date to cancel: Monday 05 Jul 2010

Test category: Standard Bike Mod 2

So a bit of a wait, but thats the nearest date unfortunatly so I took it :(