Update about broken down pipes

Aaron

Just an update incase anyone experiences similar.

As previously posted my down pipes broke clean through just before the collar before it joins the back box. The boke is only 3.5 months old and has done 2.6k miles.

I phoned up and said my pipes broke. They said they'll call me when they get new pipes in. They called the next day and said when can i come in. I checked its covered under warranty. They said ofcourse. Cool. I rode it there this morning and they got to work while i had a browse. 40 minutes later they gave me back the keys. Bish bash bosh - i'm all good to go.

So anyone experiencing similar should have no problem getting them replaced. The dealer was Orwell Motorcycles in Ipswich. They have a good rep and so far i've no reason to doubt it's validity.

Till 3.5months later :wink: Did they explain why it happened or just faulty workmanship on that joint?

Googling showed that it's a common problem (the dealer said they've had 3 or so) although i didn't find anyone that had a bike as new as mine. I assume that the bit where it broke is welded and that that it's a poor quality weld. I don't know if the 'new batches' are better or not.

I've not had a problem with mine and thats a 09 plate, mines also been run over a couple of times, dropped by family members couple of times and me once and i've binned it down the road and no such problems. Dunno if i'm just lucky or if the batch i got mine from were very well built but so far so good at almost 13k miles :D

Glad you got yours sorted now though, have you done anything with your mirrors to stop the vibration?

I've not had a problem with mine and thats a 09 plate, mines also been run over a couple of times, dropped by family members couple of times and me once and i've binned it down the road and no such problems. Dunno if i'm just lucky or if the batch i got mine from were very well built but so far so good at almost 13k miles :D

Glad you got yours sorted now though, have you done anything with your mirrors to stop the vibration?

Mine seem pretty good to be honest. Occasionally things are a little bit fuzzy if im in a certain rev range. I've not got much to compare to though. The er5 i learned on was aweful. On the dual carriageway i could just about make out coloured fuzzes behind me. Silver or grey cars were almost invisible.

Should i be expecting crystal, number plate reading, clarity at speed?

I'm in a similar boat with nothing to compare to, dr 125 and derbi gpr 125 both give very clear vies even at 70 (dr) and 80(gpr) wheras I find the er gets fuzzy about 50+ mph. Proably i'm jsut expecting too much from it I guess. Do other bigger bikes get fuzzy mirrors?

The er5 i learned on was aweful. On the dual carriageway i could just about make out coloured fuzzes behind me. Silver or grey cars were almost invisible.

Ok not that bad

Should i be expecting crystal, number plate reading, clarity at speed?

wouldnt complain :up: