How many of you have done only 2-day Direct Access course?

I have done my CBT 3 months ago, have been riding my bike almost every day to work in London, have done over 1100 miles now on YBR 125. Recently I have passed my theory and I have booked an assessment day for this Saturday as I have decided to get my full license done now instead of waiting till next year. I also used to ride geared bike when I was a teenager for couple of years in different country.

So I want to do only 2 day course but I have this feeling that most schools would probably want me to get 3 day of training as this is money for them but to me I recon would be waste of money as I can't see myself getting any more experience by riding a 125 on roads with them.

All I want is them to teach me pass Mod1 first and then do whatever is required for Mod2 which i recon is only like 1 day on the road.

I can't really comment on the Mod1 / Mod2 because it was just one test when i did mine.

The only thing i'll say is don't write off the instructor's advice / lessons as being as waste of time or not needed because you can pick up some useful info off them. You also pick up bad habits when you ride by yourself (e.g. no instructor) so it might take an extra day to practice doing it right (e.g. to test standard).

I remember i was in a rush to do mine and i failed 1st time and was devastated - probably one of the worst feelings i've experienced.

Good luck for when you do it though :thumb:

You will need a few days practice i can assure you. going from the CBT along time ago you will of picked up bad habits.. yeah it seems a waste of money but in the long run it will save you loads if you have some practice for mod1 and mod 2..

Unless you are a awesome rider that is!!!

All I want is them to teach me pass Mod1 first and then do whatever is required for Mod2 which i recon is only like 1 day on the road.

Depends if you want to simply train to pass the test, or train to learn skills that will keep you alive on the roads.

I chose the latter option, and I'm still alive so something worked :lol:

If your on your own bike,doing test for restricted licence,

Training would be up to you,book lessons,sort your own tests.

If your gona do das, unresricted its their bike you'll be using

Although I found 500's easier,there is a difference.

Most schools will want to give you the best chance of passing,not to fleece you.

If your on your own bike,doing test for restricted licence,

Training would be up to you,book lessons,sort your own tests.

If your gona do das, unresricted its their bike you'll be using

Although I found 500's easier,there is a difference.

Most schools will want to give you the best chance of passing,not to fleece you.

I will be doing the full license as I am 30 years old, whats the point of doing the restricted one. From experience I know that unfortunately most companies want to sell you as many hours/days of training as possible.

I feel very confident at riding my 125 now, I have no issues with anything imo, 10 years driving a car also helps. Over 1100 miles commuting in South London in the last 3 months.

From what I read on the website (company I want to do the training with) 3 days training course is .

1st day - on the road on 125 (just like for mod2 but on 125)

2nd day - practice mod1,

3rd day - practice for mod2,

I'm not sure how your school works it out then, mine said it was a 3 day course (that I was assessed and told I needed). It was one day learning for mod 1, next day go do mod 1, week later (when test was next avaible) spend morning riding around learning and touching up minor bad habits, then afternoon do mod 2. This was considered a 3 day course as it went on for 3 days, however that was using my own bike and not DAS so that might change things.

If you are very certain then they may just do waht you ask but you will void any sort of obligation they may ahve to getting you to pass (mine was if I fail anyhting I get free additional training, then jsut have to pay test fees again). Ask them and they will proably acomodate your needs, but I would be suprised if they do jiff you a lot, since round my way they tend to rely on word of mouth to get more people to do their tests with them.

Good luck with whatever you end up doing

I will be doing the full license as I am 30 years old, whats the point of doing the restricted one. From experience I know that unfortunately most companies want to sell you as many hours/days of training as possible.

I feel very confident at riding my 125 now, I have no issues with anything imo, 10 years driving a car also helps. Over 1100 miles commuting in South London in the last 3 months.

From what I read on the website (company I want to do the training with) 3 days training course is .

1st day - on the road on 125 (just like for mod2 but on 125)

2nd day - practice mod1,

3rd day - practice for mod2,

As u understand it- This would give you the restricted licence but you would have to practice on a 500cc if you want the non restricted licence