mod 2 - traffic lights

this is probably going to sound like a pretty stupid question, but just wondered what you'd all do at a set of traffic lights (to turn right), they go green but the right arrow traffic light hasn't turned green yet. Do you go anyway? or wait for the right arrow to turn green?

failed my mod 2 today because of what i did (full post in mod 2 sticky).

anyone else done anything like this? Seems to me that when i'm being followed (by examiner or instructor) i think way too much, instead of just getting on with it and riding. And this time round it got the better of me.

this is probably going to sound like a pretty stupid question, but just wondered what you'd all do at a set of traffic lights (to turn right), they go green but the right arrow traffic light hasn't turned green yet. Do you go anyway? or wait for the right arrow to turn green?

failed my mod 2 today because of what i did (full post in mod 2 sticky).

anyone else done anything like this? Seems to me that when i'm being followed (by examiner or instructor) i think way too much, instead of just getting on with it and riding. And this time round it got the better of me.

Not quite sure if I understood you completely, but, normally, if you have a normal set of traffic lights and an "arrow" section, AFAIK you can STILL turn right if main green light is on, as long as you let the traffic pass. 8-)

what you'd all do at a set of traffic lights (to turn right), they go green but the right arrow traffic light hasn't turned green yet. Do you go anyway? or wait for the right arrow to turn green?

If the green light for straight ahead is just a green light you can turn right when the road is clear.

If the green light is a straight ahead arrow you have to wait for the right filter to turn green before moving off.

cheers for the replies.

as a result of this stupid mistake, i now understand all traffic light rules/ sequences/ tram lights / filter lights etc etc etc

in my car i would have just turned right, but its so different when you're being examined, i just doubted myself.

what you'd all do at a set of traffic lights (to turn right), they go green but the right arrow traffic light hasn't turned green yet. Do you go anyway? or wait for the right arrow to turn green?

If the green light for straight ahead is just a green light you can turn right when the road is clear.

If the green light is a straight ahead arrow you have to wait for the right filter to turn green before moving off.

If thats correct then I now realise why I often get honked at for sitting waiting at a set of traffic lights near me. For some reason the filter light only comes on once every 3 cycles of the normal lights.

hi dimmers did you have your test about 10,ish tuesday morning with 1,st gear if so i,am the guy that had the practice ride with you .Sorry to here you failed . f#'#king lights :x . Better luck next time mate you,ll pass.

Yeah filter lights are bitches

basically you go on green , even if there is traffic there you move forward.. The filter light is there incase there is traffic holding you up..atleast our local fail area (filter lights near the test station) is how it work...lots of people fail on it.

hi dimmers did you have your test about 10,ish tuesday morning with 1,st gear if so i,am the guy that had the practice ride with you .Sorry to here you failed . f#'#king lights :x . Better luck next time mate you,ll pass.

yes mate! that was me.

did you pass your test?

thing is other than that, i only got 1 minor, and i tried to argue my case with the examiner afterwards but he was having none of it. Still angry about it now :evil: I was even arguing with myself that i should just turn right, but something else told me to be safe, and sensible, and wait for the green arrow.

I bet next time i fail for being to casual!!!!!!!!

anyone got any money making ideas? i'm gonna be broke by the time i pass my mod 2 :roll:

Yeah filter lights are bitches

basically you go on green , even if there is traffic there you move forward.. The filter light is there incase there is traffic holding you up..atleast our local fail area (filter lights near the test station) is how it work...lots of people fail on it.

Yeah, i've made sure i understand every traffic light sequence ever invented now! Strange how you only really think about these things when your on a test.

If thats correct then I now realise why I often get honked at for sitting waiting at a set of traffic lights near me. For some reason the filter light only comes on once every 3 cycles of the normal lights.

apparently they come on as soon as you move forward a bit and trigger the arrow to come on (well thats what the examiner told me).

yes mate! that was me.

did you pass your test?

thing is other than that, i only got 1 minor, and i tried to argue my case with the examiner afterwards but he was having none of it. Still angry about it now :evil: I was even arguing with myself that i should just turn right, but something else told me to be safe, and sensible, and wait for the green arrow.

anyone got any money making ideas? i'm gonna be broke by the time i pass my mod 2 :roll:

yes mate i passed only just, had 3 minors one was very close to a fail so he said. best of luck for your retest let us know how you get on.

yes mate! that was me.

did you pass your test?

yes mate i passed only just, had 3 minors one was very close to a fail so he said. best of luck for your retest let us know how you get on.

well done mate!! let me know what bike you go for.