lifesavers

i've started doing them whilst walking round town when it's busy! :scratch: :oops:

'need to get out the way of oncoming pram' quick lifesaver over left shoulder, move out the way, crisis avoided

can i blame all the mod 2 training, or is this something i'm going to be doing from now on?

Haha - I'm not the only one then!

For me it's a pet peeve when you're about to pass someone (on foot) and they just step out under your feet. I don't want to do it to others so "lifesaver". :P

At least it's not a *bad* habit. You'll never get run over by a cyclist speeding through a pedestrian area that way either.

me too everytime I cross a side road or car park or step out to overtake another ped Quick life saver then manouver :oops: at least I have stopped trying to cancel my Non exsistent Indicators afterwards :shock:

Being a biker makes you more alert I think, Been driving for 13 years and now I'm a lot more observant with checking mirrors and blindspots when in my car, never used to bother before! all car drivers should have a go on a bike, might help them to buck their ideas up!!

Being a biker makes you more alert I think, Been driving for 13 years and now I'm a lot more observant with checking mirrors and blindspots when in my car, never used to bother before! all car drivers should have a go on a bike, might help them to buck their ideas up!!

For a long, long time now I've thought it should be a requirement to spend time on 2 wheels before you're allowed to get a car. You've got to have a car licence before you can get PCV, LGV or HGV entitlements, I don't see why cars should be any different. Can you imagine how different the roads would be if everyone knew what it felt like to be invisible?

In fact, I heard a passing comment earlier that in some places (Taiwan is one, I think) you have to get a bike before you can get a car. Right or wrong I dunno but I think it'd be a really good idea.

I'd even go as far as to say everyone should ride push-bikes on the road before being allowed anything with an engine. While the added speed of a motorbike is what's responsible for the increased danger of motorcycling vs cycling, there's something about being unable to keep pace with the rest of the traffic (for most riders and any rider going uphill) and the really dumb things drivers do when you're on a bicycle that seems to make a person FAR more considerate when they get into cars. Never gonna happen, I know, but still.

EVERY time I freekin move! im glad im not the only one.

especially when walking round college, going into a classroom - lifesaver. on my way home (walking) I take a shortcut through some grass (EVERY day!), get to the path - life saver. even walking on a pavement when i know noone is around, but someone walking towards me and i move out their way - life saver.

• 3 weeks later...