engine/exhaust noises... (newbie)

illvibetip

so Im new to this so excuse my ignorance hehe.

As Im riding downhill and coming to a stop/turn soon, sometimes i just let the bike ride in gear and Im not accelarating - but the engine/gravity is slightly pushing against the clutch (im sorry i dont know if thats right) giving it higher revs but slowing the bike a bit).

any way, as Im doing this, I would expect the engine to be a continuous HHHHHMMMMmmmm sound (getting lower) as it slows to a stop.

But it doesnt. It sounds like a fire fight in palestine (thats literally how it sounds) pap hmmmm pap papapapap pap hmmmmm pap pap ( :oops: ahem...).

Is it suppossed to sound like this? I asked someone and he said 'the mix' is wrong. Hes sometimes wrong about these things, so I thought Id ask someone who knows or at least for a second opinion.

why is it making that sound and what can I do about it?

an aftermarket exhaust is 1 that you buy to replace the standard exhaust,

usually louder.

If yours has the standard exhaust and the banging/popping is bad

then I would think there is something not quite right, with the fueling,

however, I have no experience of those particular bikes.

Yeh mine pops and bangs like a goodum when i shut the throttle, but my exhaust will do as it did on the blade too.

someone did mention tho it maybe running a bit lean, i wouldnt know personally but the guy in question knows a bit and i know from the last dyno mine was but not significantly.

yep, does it on mine too, and its not a performance machine.. sounds loverly though...

theres less pressure from the gasses coming out so some get sucked back in and make the engine pop...