RIP Tomizawa

R.I.P to a legend in the making.

Marshalls behaviour was disgusting. The chances of a spine/neck injury were extremely high, those boys shouldnt have been moved never mind basically picked up and dropped onto a stretcher. The race should have been stopped straight away.

i've never see the guy, but it's always tragic when somebody dies, especially someone so young with a bright future ahead of him,RIP fella and i hope his family find peace soon :(

I was so shocked! The BBC said 'No life threatening injuires' so I changed channel, turned back 5 minutes later and heard the news. I still can't believe it. I supported him in Moto2 for the simople reason that he raced in Berik leathers and Shoei helmet (I wear Berik leathers and Shoei helmet).

R.I.P. #48 Shoya Tomizawa 1990-2010

Glad to hear Di Angelis and Reading are ok physically. I hope they understand what happened isn't their fault.

p.s. I saw the crash, and the marshals bumbling around. They looked like a bunch of clowns. Total amateurs... :evil:

The whole event was shocking to say the least, first the crash it's self, tommy sliding off the bike coming out of the corner, then seeing de angilis hitting him and go down hard followed by Scott sending him into a wild spin and scot down the road.you had the commentators banging on about how they hoped de angilis was ok and that it was him they feared for. Then the idiotic marshals dumping Scott on a strecher with no grace or medical consideration. De angilis at this point is walking away with the sounds of the commentators amazement. Finally the inadequate marshals had dumped tommy on a stretcher too and are now dropping him in the gravel pit, its only at this point that the commentators even give any recognition that tommy has even been hurt. The whole event is upsetting to have watched knowing the poor lad died as a result according to coroners report of excessive cranial and pelvic injury. My thoughts go out to his family and other riders involved not only in the accident but also on the circuit. Its never easy dealing with a death of a friend or family member. RIP #48

Marshalls need far better training in the sport for the health and safety of people competing in it!

Apologise for spelling riders names wrong stupid ipad 'corrects' them itself.

As much as I think the marshalls screwed up, this blame culture has to stop.

Did the drop off the stretcher kill Shoya ? I doubt it.

So why should criminal charges be brought against the marshalls ?

People are always sad and emotional when someone passes away.

But we don't always have to blame someone else.

It was a bad accident, and Shoya unfortunately died of his injuries, competing in the sport that he loved, and that made his family proud of him.

Lets move on, but learn from it, and stop the flippin' races next time so that rushed clearances don't have to happen for injured riders/drivers.

• 4 weeks later...