Just a few mod 2 questions

Ok, so I've got my mod 2 test tomorrow and I just realised I have no idea at all what the "show & tell" questions at the start of the test are.

Could somebody please give me a list of as many as you know, as I've had a search online but can't find them.

Also, am I right in thinking that the order they expect you to do things is as follows:

Mirror, Signal, Livesaver, Manouver - For any manouver while moving (things like changing lane, taking a turning, roundabouts, pulling away from the side of the road, etc...)

but that for things like pulling away from a junction you do not have to do the livesavers (I tend to do them anyway, but just want to check if forgetting would be a minor or not).

Thanks.

Any time you alter your road position, including pulling off you NEED to do a lifesaver! I just did em every few minutes on my MOD2, better to be safe and overly cautious on the test than sorry........

As far as the pillion questions go they are fairly self explanatory, just common sence really, there should be a guide on here with some of the questions and answers on it. I cant find it for you as I am in work today......

Pillion questions;

1. What are the considerations when preparing to stop with a pillion?

A- Brake earlier, brake proggressively, favour the rear brake, consider putting 2 feet down

2. How can a pillion affect the bike in a corner?

A-Pillion movement could make a second steering input that you have to correct causing wobble

(light front end)

3.What are the considerations when loadinga bike with luggage?

A Evenly distributed, heavy items at the bottom, securely fastened no dangling straps, not touching hot exhaust, not obscuring lights or indicators, adjust mirrors

4 what adjustments would you make before carrying a pillion?

A- Lights, mirrors, tyres, suspension

5 How would you advise a pillion before going on a bike for the first time?

A-Securely fastened helmet, ask permission for getting on and off, show grab rest and foot pegs, relax- Acceleration lean forward and push grab rail, braking push on foot pegs

6 how could you make yourself more visible on the road

Reflective clothing-at night. Flourescent in day-bright clothing, lights on and riding position

Tell me where you would check the oil level

-Identify dipstick or sightglass

Show me how you would check the horn

use the horn-turn ignition on if needed

show me where the brake fluid reservoir is and tell me how you would check it has a safe level of fluid

identify reservoir and level indicator

Tell me how you would check the lights and reflectors are working

operate switch and check operation and reflectors andlights are clean

Show me how you would check the brake lights are working

operate both brake and place hand over rear light or make use of relections in windows etc

Tell me how you would check the condition of the chain on this machine

check for wear, tension,alignment, lubrication

Show me the checks you would make on the steering movement before using this machine

hanbdlebars should have free movement without control cables being pinched, trapped or snagged

How would you check the tyres

ensure correct tyre presure, and tread depth is at least 1mm across 75% of the tyre

No damage to tyre walls etc etd

I think that is about it...of course others may know of more detail

Good luck