Thorpe Park / Alton Towers

Guest GubbaTM

I can drive on the day, no problem. Does mean we'll need another car though - any offers?

Stealth looks horrendous?! it's the best ride in the country (apart from nemesis at alton towers) - you'll love it nman! 0-80mph in 1.8 seconds. it normally makes a little bit of wee come out.

you'd regret it if you didn't go on it! I did slightly regret the 5th time in a row after a belly full of pizza hut last time I was there. the G forces on it are superb.

Fantastic, thanks darren. Fuel will be covered by all of us! Will meet at neils, yeah, then go in convoy. I'll get hold of ash in the week to see if his mate's up for it.

79 miles, takes about 1hr 40 with no traffic (unlikely).

There are roadworks on M25, plus monday morning traffic all suggest a slightly earlier departure - say 8am? gives us a chance to grab a break on the way if needed and then get there hopefully not long after 10 when it opens.

which do you reckon peoples? no response as yet from Ash...

Neil asked me to post this info as 'he can't remember it' (or something) :up:

Anyway, travel tip - Going south down the A1 towards M25 there are delays at the Hatfield Tunnel (repair work) but these not too bad. Come off at the exit for St Alban's immediately after the tunnel (hint - you need to be in the left hand lane going throught the tunnel). Follow the dual carriageway all the way to where the roundabout is for M1 (straight on) and M25 (bear left - 2nd exit). IGNORE M25 route and carry on the A141 to the M1, then follow Watford and M25 signs aiming for Juntion 19 (look this up on a map first - you'll see what I am getting at). Join M25 at J19 and that way you are almost at the end of the 'terrible' M25 road works, missing most of the MAJOR delays. J11 or J13 for Thorpe Park (NOT J12!). Hope you have a nice time.

:cheers:

cheers GOG, I always took the A141 that way anyway (old girlfriend lived in Hemel), but took to the M25 a little early it seems. another route would be through back roads of hemel to kings langley, that cuts off the corner too, if a little slow due to speed limits. I now have to go through hemel to get to oxford from cambridge (to avoid M25), not a nice part of the world to navigate on friday afternoons at the beginning of half term....

p.s you can see me and the current girlfriend at Thorpe Park here on street view:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe=strict&ie=UTF8&ll=51.403724,-0.516315&spn=0,0.013915&t=k&z=17&layer=c&cbll=51.403773,-0.516469&panoid=v_9x8gulHBu6bun2F1KbfA&cbp=12,44.98,,0,10.93

yes, I did have blonde hair. taken september last year. I bent over and pointed to my bum after the little cart drove past, didn't make the final cut unfortunately.

Now then people! nooooooow theeeeeeeen

right, so weather is looking good for monday (just a bit overcast!)

I'll be picking Jayne up, and then Ash and friend before getting to yours neil at 8am, we'll then head down the A1, take GOG's advised route and then go on some scary rides.

£19 to get in (I got BOGOF tickets from Sam last night - cheers mate!), and about £11 for fuel each (based on 20p per mile, 2 cars).

See you all then! or before.....

We now have a people carrier which we can all fit in to save taking 2 cars.

Gubba, if you're happy with that, pick up everyone as arranged then we'll go from Neil's in the pimp-mobile!!

Would be a laugh if we could all go together - and we won't get separated!

See you all Monday :cheers: