Mod 1 passed

Hooray :D - passed Mod 1 on Sunday - just have to get Mod 2 out of the way but will have to wait until half term for that as can't get any time off work during the week. At least it will give me more road experience on my bike. Well done to all others that have passed recently and good luck to those taking it soon.

I was so nervous taking it as I had trouble with th efigure of 8s. Could do them normally but when under pressure they wavered. Took a deep breath each section of the test and then did my observations before moving. Best piece of advice I got was "live in the moment"- just concentrate on what you are supposed to be doing and ignore what is coming ahead or has just happened.

Well done :thumb: I had a problem with all slow riding, fig 8, slalom and u-turn (but not when following examiner for some reason :scratch:) I was just extremely nervous and very tense so it was hard to control the bike when I was franticaly holding it lol

• 1 month later...

Just as an update I passed my Mod 2 last week in Aylesbury. So relieved as I had to come up specially to take it before going back down to Devon again. Have managed to get hold of a cheap honda pan european which I will be riding very cautiously until I am used to it and will then try the motorways on it.

All in all very happy and a big thumbs up to Ron and the instructors at ERT in Hemel Hempstead. Would thoroughly recommend them. :cheers:

Just as an update I passed my Mod 2 last week in Aylesbury. So relieved as I had to come up specially to take it before going back down to Devon again. Have managed to get hold of a cheap honda pan european which I will be riding very cautiously until I am used to it and will then try the motorways on it.

All in all very happy and a big thumbs up to Ron and the instructors at ERT in Hemel Hempstead. Would thoroughly recommend them. :cheers:

congrats mate! well done, great feeling isn't it? :cheers:

Congrats despite the nerves! :cheers: If only we could control nerves - I think the very thought of being 'tested' makes a lot of people a wreck and prone to making stupid mistakes they wouldn't otherwise do, even if they are normally competent riders! I've got all this to look forward to :roll: